Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Questions regarding DBPro...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,
i am thinking about what language would be best for my actual project and now i have some questions regarding DBPro.
Would be nice if anyone could answer this:

Is it possible to compile DBPro Code into modules or .dll, which can be used by DBPro? Or is there a virtual machine out?

This site says something about vertex/pixel shaders and realtime shadows. Anyone could explain in short how you would implement this?
Any Demo out which shows one of this features (or better all

Its said DBPro buggy, but i heard that much is fixed too.
What do you think?

Is the Demo on an actual Version of DBPro? I realy need to test how stable things are.

Bumpmaps...what kind of Bumpmaps do it use?
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2004 22:50
Hi Paladin, I'll try to answer your questions as best I can, but be ware that I'm a DBClassic user.

1.Is it possible to compile DBPro Code into modules or .dll, which can be used by DBPro? Or is there a virtual machine out?

You can save them as separate files and use an #include command to basically just paste it into the main part of your code. Unfortunately, you cannot write .dlls with DBPro, but you can take advantage of them with commands like LOAD DLL, CALL DLL, etc.

2. This site says something about vertex/pixel shaders and realtime shadows. Anyone could explain in short how you would implement this?
Any Demo out which shows one of this features (or better all

From what I understand is you create the stuff in a graphics app and then DBPro will automatically calculate everything for you instead of forcing you to write your own rendering engine, at least that's how DBC works.

3.Its said DBPro buggy, but i heard that much is fixed too.
What do you think?

I've seen some bugs in the current version, but upgrade 6 is on the way, and oh my God it looks sweet. They plan to fix a lot, and add more features with more stability.

4. Is the Demo on an actual Version of DBPro? I realy need to test how stable things are.

The demo is a fully-functional version of DBPro, except it stops working after so many days.

5.Bumpmaps...what kind of Bumpmaps do it use?

You can make them in many graphics apps, and then the graphics app will save them. As long as you save your objects as .x DB will automatically apply textures and bumpmaps.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Paladin
Years of Service
User Offline

Thank you,

inlucde# means usualy you have to compile the whole thing first.
With modules i ment a way to let people use a DBpro code in there DBPro application without having acces to the source.

I digged a little deeper and most questions are answered.
For me its a little strange that i couldnt find a vertex or pixel shader demo and couldnt get the demo they included to work (black or better no cube mapping shows up, while my card supports it without problems).

The render quality is quiet good, but i encountered strange artefacts if moving the camera (looks like a vsync problem).
For now i think i should stay with my actual language, but i realy looking forward to future updates. There FX System is a quiet interesting idea. Hope Version 6 is coming soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:30:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:30:59