Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / making flat trees

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 20:14
I cna't get the black around trees to be transparent...
can anyone help?
We could have handled that better.
Bitmap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 20:24
you have to use the set object command. examine the help files/tank demo

thy boss
aprilfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 20:57
thanx it was a stupid question but now I have another question does anyone know an easier way to position the trees besides the guess and check method I'm using?

We could have handled that better.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 21:08
first of all u must have a matrix as a reference, for the number of tiles u used and the dimensions of the matrix, you can make a grid. e.g. a matrix 50*50 and 50 tiles, to position an object in the middle, the coordinated would be 25,0,25.

each tile would represent a 1 in the x axis and 1 in the z axis (in the case above). so to position an object in the middle of the first tile, the coordinates would be 0.5,0,0.5.

the way i do it is to draw the matrix + grids on a piece of paper and label the x and z axis, this will make what i'm saying easier to understand.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 03:24
Well, heres my method, you use your camera to look around, and where you want a tree, you simply find the coordinates by using this code:

set cursor 0,0
print camera position X()
print camera position Y()
print camera position Z()

That will give you the X Y and Z coordinates of the camera. Then you just position object, and plug in those coordinates.

Thats how I do it! I find it quite easy!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:46:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:46:17