Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Debate: UFO's, space, aliens

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
can someone else start off? i dont like starting these things.

ps if you're an american and you claim to hav seen a UFO, can you please include wether you live within a 3 mile radius of a military base? infact, dont bother reporting the UFO at all.

http://www.tinnedhead.tk under re-construction.
KC27
Years of Service
User Offline
I saw a news clip on CNN with an interview with an 80 yr old russian women who claimed she saw god in a UFO, then gain, shes 80, she prolly just hallucinating.

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
did she then go on to say that she married him? or even had sex with him?

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 15:37
Its bollocks. I really want us to meet aliens, see real UFOs etc etc. but it's all bollocks, all these reports. If aliens were coming to earth, by now there would be some fairly concrete evidence, but there isn't, so its rubbish.

The technology they'd need to get here would be rediculous. All the "evidence" we have so far is incredibly ropey and easy to fake. Generally, I'm convinced its all roobarb.

Blowing the shite out of people sinse 1981.
flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 16:23 Edited at: 28th Mar 2004 16:26
For life to occur on our measly planet, and apparently on mars sometime or something, there then MUST be other life forms out their. They may be more or less advanced than us, but they must be there.

@Fallout

I'm just waiting for aliens to come to earth to prove that there is no god and that all these bible thumping smacktards should all shut their holes. (no flames intended, i just know some people who are trying to make me religous. I'm not now, i will never be. I am 100% aethiest)

@Froogle

Quote: "if you're an american and you claim to hav seen a UFO, can you please include wether you live within a 3 mile radius of a military base? infact, dont bother reporting the UFO at all..."

...or if you have EVER been on Jerry Springer, or live in a trailer park, or named Bubba, or Joe-bob, or have had any halucenegenic drugs lately. Or if you are like Largo and can't diferenciate between real life and computer games.

Current Project: Interactive DBPro Showcase Example
Project Status: Game Engine 90%
http://www.w3th.tk <-- Soon to have some content
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe aliens exist i also believe that some of them look like us and some of them are grey =)

The search continues.

Current project - A space game
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 16:45
Quote: "some of them are grey "

I think you should buy a color-tv soon

- Stand clear of the closing doors -
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
noooooooo you gotta watch stargate sg-1 they have the greys on that one they'er silly lookin

The search continues.

flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 16:52
Quote: "I am Thor, SUPREME commander of the Azgard fleet"

Love that quote. And the fact that he has a chair that does everything. man, i wish i had one of those

Current Project: Interactive DBPro Showcase Example
Project Status: Game Engine 90%
http://www.w3th.tk <-- Soon to have some content
Neil19533
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 17:41
yep that was a funny part
Quote: ""I am Thor, SUPREME commander of the Azgard fleet""

i belive life exists on other plannets.
i dont belive they have visited earth in space crafts and abducted people because and invention that could send creatures to other plannets would be a very big endevour and test the minds of many aliens so they would have to be freindly(to work together for such a long time) and so they would proberly like to meet us not abdubd us and make us have there babies.

I wonder where that fish did go, a fish, a fish, a fish, O
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "...religous. I'm not now, i will never be. I am 100% aethiest"
atheisms a religeon some people call it a nn prophet organisation, but its still a religeon. Religeon= what u do/don't bilieve in. "I believe there is no God": athiesm being a religeon.

anyway. What happens if we are the only race in the universe (not that i actually believe this, but it did make me think after it was pointed out). Our planet could be the only planet with non bacterial life in the universe, about to kill ourselves through global warming and pollution, then the universe becomes a very quiet place.

what i think: whoever first created the theory above was either self centered or trying to scare us.

what i know: the first UFO sighting to be reported was in the 1600's when a thing landed in a church yard, an alien popped out, had loads of difficulty coping with gravity, he had to crouch into a ball to keep himself heavy enough to stay on earth, went back into the ship and left.

what i believe: somewhere out there, theres life.

Quote: "The technology they'd need to get here would be rediculous."

what about if the alien race is like, only 1000 yrs older than us, or has had a much faster technology revolution, i reckon there must be some races out there that have UFO technology, but whether they make regular visits here or not, thats debatable, sure 99.9999% of reports are fake/weather balloons (i saw a weather balloon once and was convinced i'd seen a UFO) because surely the people who have had it happen to them would be to scared to report it, for fear of being called a loony.

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 18:29 Edited at: 28th Mar 2004 18:29
Quote: "I'm just waiting for aliens to come to earth to prove that there is no god "

Why does one thing disprove the other? I believe in God, and I also think there are life forms in other planets.
They might be more advanced or not than us. In an infinite (?) universe, the probability of this planet being the only one with life on it is really, really low.

Can I see a demo now?
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 18:38
scientists say its not infinite but its still expanding, apparently it'll start shrinking eventually its hard to get your head around really...

In the beginning, the universe was created...
This made alot of people very angry and it has been widely regarded as a bad idea...
Visit http://redeye.dbspot.com
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 18:42
that's why I wrote "infinite (?)".

Can I see a demo now?
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
i hate the way when people get abducted, or claim to get abducted, they just lie back and let there parts be tampered with, i kno if i was abducted that i'd be asking questions like
Quote: ""how does this thing work?""
Quote: ""can i see your home planet?""
Quote: ""can you help us solve pollution and global warming?""
Quote: ""will you be making permanant contact with our people instead of doing what u do then fly home?""
Quote: ""can i take you to my dealer?""
Quote: ""can i take you to my leader, i'm sure he'd love to meet you (assasinate him please. the leader of our planet lives here (points to washington through the winow)" "have you prooved God's existance yet?""
Quote: ""do you know how the univrse was created and why?""

although seriusly, if i woke up on a space ship, i think i'd seriusly ask if i could spend a week stuying them and their planet, that is ideally if my head is clear and i dont chicken out.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 20:21
i'd like to see you asking those questions while they're sticking probes up your...

This made alot of people very angry and it has been widely regarded as a bad idea...
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 20:45
Why does everyone think that aliens ae so advanced? I mean, they may have never had any Newtons.

You're just jealous cuz the voices don't talk to you!!!
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 21:51
No but they had the great B'loctay

- Stand clear of the closing doors -
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 22:06
Quote: "Why does everyone think that aliens ae so advanced?"

Because to be aliens, they'd have to come here from somewhere else.
(Or else they'd be natives )
Traveling the necessary distance would require aliens to be
advanced. If he didn't have this technology, he wouln't leave his planet (making him a native, not an alien).

Can I see a demo now?
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
i forgot to make that point. one line i remember from hitchhikers guide to the glaxy was "if your not recieving this, the trick is to bang the rocks together" there might be a race out there thats had the technology to watch us whilest we were only just moving from the treetops to caves, (not that they actually would be watching us, or else we'd be the laughing stock of the entire galaxy. sudden thought: are we the victims of an intergallactic truman show? that explains why we duynno why we're here) and likewise, there are planets out there with life only just dividing from a cingle cell wondering "hey how did i magically appear. nm lets multiply for the next few million yrs and see what kind of 6 legged cat appears." and there are entire races going thru an apololypse in one form or another (not the biblical type apocolypse as in judgement day, but like, some catastrohpic tidal wave, or king kong escaped etc). somewhere out there, intergallactic battles are happening, like something out of star wars. hell, somewhere out there, someone's found the secret formula to proove schools a wast of time.

Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 22:53
South Park
But no, aliens would still be called aliens

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 00:15
The Hitchhiker quote I liked was basically about the comparison of sentient mass compared to the entire mass of the universe. Basically works out there is no such thing as sentient life as the comparison is so low (0.0000000000000000000000000001% for example). Cute quote.

Anyhows, I personally believe that statistically, because of the sheer size of the universe, there has to be other sentient life out there. Unfortuantly, because of the same stats, I don't believe we'll ever meet them. Maybe in another couple of billion years perhaps. Before the sun explodes hopefully.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 00:18
The sun is an eternal void! It's a conspiracy! The government is hiding it from you! Eat them alive!!!!

CKy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 02:53 Edited at: 29th Mar 2004 02:53
the word 'aliens' is so freaken stereotyped. Yes alien-life-forms such as bacteria MIGHT exist on other planets. NO they dont rip you limb-from-limb and burst their way through your chest after a 2 day gestation period.

if you dont think you can stomach this news report link below, please DO NOT visit it It is an article on things they have found in certain areas that are... quiet odd.

http://www.para-normal.com/nuke/html/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=55
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 03:05
I saw one picture of a soldier with a leg that looked like a dog ate his leg meat off and all was left was bloody bone

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
i believe in not believeing is that a religion?

The search continues.

AnDrEy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 14:00 Edited at: 29th Mar 2004 14:01
dudes- concrete evidence?
1 At a time the vise president/CEO of BBC reported a UFO when out on a trip with about 15 reporters (I don't think he was on shrooms or salvia or is lying)

2 You can look up some government archives as in official photos and their explanations in russias there was a bit with a crop circle (absolutely HUGE) with a message the same as we sent (with a guy and where out planet is Dna and other sh_te) exept for that it was from aliens like an alien guy (dont remember about the girl) and thy had the 3rd and 4th plantes, 10 times out population and some other stuff like their knowledge and sciences. Even though after making the document public the government is denying comment

3 Some years back SETI released an article that they found life on Foumalhout (sp?) 22 light years away and that there was a demonstration and the government decided to send a reply

4 I seen a UFO in Malta but I don't really give a damn if anyone believes me so just leave that point out (that was the reason I started looking for that kind of stuff but found mostly a bunch of sh_te written by crazy Moon hoax people)

00-----====JaCkPoT====-----00
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 18:39 Edited at: 29th Mar 2004 18:39
Quote: "if you dont think you can stomach this news report link below, please DO NOT visit it It is an article on things they have found in certain areas that are... quiet odd."

any pictures that'll make me heave? i can take stories... just not pictures.

Quote: "i believe in not believeing is that a religion?"

yes... now stop being cocky.

what does sentient mean?

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 21:37 Edited at: 29th Mar 2004 21:41
NEVER!!!

Yes that link does have some very uhh graphic pictures if you have a weak stomach then don't look.

The search continues.

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 22:12
Quote: "what does sentient mean?"

Arf. Most amusing. Wish I'd thought of that one

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 22:25
Quote: " very uhh graphic pictures"

I didn't find them too graphic. It kinda reminded me of the egiptian mummies on the discovery channel.

Can I see a demo now?
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "atheisms a religeon"

Wow.

Let's see, you claim that the definiton of religion is what you do or do not believe? Well, let's see what the dictionary says:

Quote: "Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe. "

Oops, apparently you're wrong!

Quote: "some people call it a nn prophet organisation, but its still a religeon. Religeon= what u do/don't bilieve in. "I believe there is no God": athiesm being a religeon."

Who calls it a non-profit organization, assuming that's what you meant by "nn prophet"? Additionally...since when is Atheism an organization?

Well uh....good luck with that.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
TK i found them to be graphic well i guess to me and how can you compair them to mummys on discovery? these are more upto date people lol.

The search continues.

CKy
Years of Service
User Offline
lol yeh. and that guy in the photo... sortof looks like marylin manson the morning after a concert

but anyhow, if that is real, that guy musta been in some serious pain when that stuff happened
Night Giant
Years of Service
User Offline
calling atheism a "non-prophet organisation" is a joke that's been around for years, it's a play on words. look at the way he spelled "prophet", it's "prophet" not "profit".
the website didn't show for me, instead i got a pop up ad telling me that "two pictures means guilty" and i should buy their "evidence erasing software". i'm kind of offended that (A) they seem to think everyone on the internet is a pedophile(sp?), and (B) they are even trying to protect them. anyways, that's OT.

oh, wow. insignificantpunks.cjb.net. we like orange treble clef notes, just for future reference.

no: website for progs yet.
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2004 13:37 Edited at: 30th Mar 2004 13:37
Off topic, but tonight on Living TV there's that Most Haunted Show. Apparently they actually found something good this time-they've been advertising it all week. I'm having a friend over tonight so we can rip the p1ss out off it.

"I feel a presence...someone's touching my back"
"That would be the cameraman with a stick"
"We'll just photoshop him out..."

-Dave

Your soul...it tastes like chicken

Official Website Postponed
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Oops, apparently you're wrong! "

err... no.

Quote: "Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power"

doesn't means you actually believe that a supernatural power DOES exist.

"My belief in cheese is that it doesn't even exist"

as for the bit about nOn prophet organistation... well... my bad. you'll noticed i missed the O out... oops. was meant to be a joke

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2004 20:23 Edited at: 30th Mar 2004 20:24
* TRUE STORY *

My grandpa's friend shot a strange "craft" that was hovering over his farm. It exploded into about a thousand pieces of glass. His wife got scared and told him to bury it--- so he did, with a tractor. The next day little vans were driving around the neighbourhood with the radar dishes on the top.

Years later, my father and my grandpa visited the guy and he let them dig up some of the glass. Some of the shrapnel has numbers on it--- like a code of some sort, but that proves it was man-made.

They took about six pieces of glass, and I have a large chunk sitting in my room

I'll try and take some pictures if anyone's interested.

EDIT: And no, we're not American :p

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "EDIT: And no, we're not American :p"
lol

im interested, gimmez teh pictures!

my experience: i was walkin back home from a mates house, and in the distance I saw a... i guess it was an upside down tear drop type shape that had been stretched, and was a shiny grey. I looked back down, and realising what I had jus tseen, looked down, then realising what i just saw, i looked up and it was gone, (this was in less than a second between looking down and looking up) so i carried on walking, then i saw some chinese toursists across the road looking up, (wtf chinese toursists were doing where i live is beyond me) so i looked back up and there is was, and then it started rising up, in an accelerated accent, and then just disspeared again.

I doubt it was a UFO, but some kind of weather balloon or something, and some wierd lighting effects from the sun or the material it was made ot of caused it to "flash"... i wich i had seen a UFO, but i like to be more affermative b4 jumping straight to believing things.

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "was meant to be a joke"

And a joke it was - hilarious at that.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 01:06
DivW - Word on Most Haunted

Yes a lot of the time it does seem a little suspicious, but keep an open mind, Im sick of people saying "its not real, they just pretend, they edit this and that in". How the hell do these people know? It annoys me that sceptics think they know the truth when in fact they know no more than anyone else. Theres nothing to prove if it is or isnt true.

If you want some fun, watch it next tuesday, 6th april i think, where, at the jamaica inn, they apparently see a ghostly womans face in a mirror. Woooo.

Currently thinking of a new company name
Sticking to a project idea for once
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
My Ex-Wannabe-GF and her mate watched it and apparently saw a ghost that the presenter and crew didnt notice

CKy
Years of Service
User Offline
heh. you guys are gunna love this unless ur a sceptic.
http://www.jkcinema.com/gamesmov.asp?type=5
there are 5 movies. they range from 3meg, 4meg, 8meg, 10meg and 14meg. Each are flash movies, that contain "real" footage of ghosts, ufo's and other strange occurances. Even, caught on camera, one of the munchkins who hung himself on camera during the shoot of the wizard of oz! unfortunately its in the background, so you dont notice it until you see it
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 22:10
Quote: " heh. you guys are gunna love this unless ur a sceptic."

I've heard of having a potty mouth but never being a sceptic.

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 00:02
LOL, Jeku. I hadn't noticed that...

Can I see a demo now?
Oxgoad
Years of Service
User Offline
this is a rather interesting story. This is about the Dogon people of southern Mali. http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/8148/dogon.html, also http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/siriusb.htm, http://www.ramtops.demon.co.uk/dogonsum.html, http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/thalass2.htm. I would check out the last one first.

Stuff And Whatnot.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 23:55
I can't help but chuckle at the plethora of rather ridiculous statements made throughout this post... it's like sitting in the Satellite of Love watching Hamlet or The Beginning of the End.

Quote: "If aliens were coming to earth, by now there would be some fairly concrete evidence, but there isn't, so its rubbish."

I see no China, there is no China!

Quote: "then gain, shes 80, she prolly just hallucinating."

Last I checked teens were hallucinating more than people who grew up in a far more educated era

Quote: "I'm just waiting for aliens to come to earth to prove that there is no god"

No offense, and cheers to everyone who quoted the Guide .

(BTW, HZense, when will you drop it?)

CKy
Years of Service
User Offline
woo science is my religion! every other religion causes war for some stupid reason
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 14:07
i made my own religion, i'm the only one allowed in

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 00:56
Anyone here from Scotland?

In December 2002 I saw a UFO with 7 friends. Scary as f*ck in real life, it's easy to say other people are making it up until you see one yourself. It was on BBC 2 Scotland and the guy who got the footage lives down the road - he bagged £500 for 10 seconds of it.

I'm not trying to be funny, believe me if you want.

It was a white ball of light in the sky, bigger than a star and not moving, just pulsing and after a few minutes some red "stuff" came out of it, like red sparks. It's so hard to explain if you haven't seen it... Lots of locals saw it and it stayed for the entire winter, but didn't spark like that again. It hasn't returned since.

I've heard the usual theories - satellite, solar flare etc... The most popular one was that it was a spying thing of some description ( this was in the lead up to war on Iraq. )

I am not quite a believer, but I do think something is out there...

The guy making The Old Remedy - coming May 2004 : 50% completed! New and improved website on the way...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:52:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:52:48