Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / NG Collisions won't load.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 20:42
I havent gotten very far in this game, but for some reason or another this program doesn't want to run. It gets to the StartCollisionsPRO() in the code, Then it says the collision system cannot be loaded. I have the DBpro.dll and the NGcollision.dba files in the right place, but it still doesnt want to work.

DANGIT NEO, YOU CHANGED THE CODE AND NOW THE MATRIX WONT TEXTURE RIGHT.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 21:03
Did you put the code in that parentheses for StartCollisionsPRO()? I couldn't figure out how to get it to run in DBC for a long time and then it hit me:
StartCollisionsPRO(serialnumber,serialnumber,serialnumber), or if you're using the demo 00000000000,000000000000,0000000000 (I don't know exactly how many 0s).

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Cyberflame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 00:01
Nope, Nothing in the parenthesis.. l'll try that

nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 03:24 Edited at: 29th Mar 2004 03:25
The DBPro.dll file is for an older version, it's not the commercial copy so there won't be any access keys in the start function.

Make sure the .dba file and the .dll file you're using are for the same version of the collision system. Make sure the .dll file is in the same location as your EXE that you're making. And make sure the .dba file is linked from the IDE and not from the line:

#include "NGCollision.dba"

Using the include command makes things malfunction, so make sure it's linked from the IDE.

The "failure to load" message appears when there's a failure locating the DLL or accessing the DLL's functions at startup.

99% of the time it's one of the issues I mentioned above.

I'm pretty sure it's not a coding error because it sounds like it's compiling, running, then issuing the error immediately after the program starts.

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com
Cyberflame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 06:33
So I shouldn't put the .dll in the darkbasic plugins-user folder? I'll try that.

nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, you're correct. It goes with the EXE file.

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:42:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:42:01