Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPS CODING SCRIPTS!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, i started this post because i know alot of people ( including me ) want help with coding so if u have any codes for fps or need help post here, so we all learn how to code correctly and become pros P.S. I need help with a bullet code

-FeaR-

MY FPS CODE SO FAR!!!
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 18:11
Enough with the UPPERCASE and multiple !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and multiple posts asking same question. It's annoying and will not get you any help.

Rant over.

Look on code snippets board and you will see that Bishop has just posted a multiple bullet shooting code snippet.

Boo!
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 18:11
The right phrase is "Gimme teh codez"

Anyway, if you're looking for FPS snippets, try the code snippets board.

Its not a bug, its a feature!
FeaR
Years of Service
User Offline
they are not much help :S
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 19:27
Well, you are not going to get very far unless you show the willingness to look at the code in the code snippets and codebase.

Pick one piece of code, read through it and try and understand whats going on. Then change stuff. If you break it, try and understand how you broke it and change it in a different way.

Showing the willingness to learn the code rather than have it given to you is how you get help from everyone else. No-one is going to bother helping someone who isn't going to try stuff themselves.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 19:32
As 'your' fps code is Hamish Mchaggis's from the code snippets forum, maybe you should ask him to finish the bullet shooting code for you as you obviously have no idea how to code anything.

I think you are trying to code something 'above your station'. Maybe start off with something simpler, like a 'hello world' program.

Boo!
FeaR
Years of Service
User Offline
any1 got a basic fps code i can learn from??
Gjl
Years of Service
User Offline
DBPro came with an fps tutorial. It's at the back of the manual if you'd care to read it.
waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 22:21
there is the monster hunt tutorial available from the DB website located in the tutorials section .... strange place for them.

Its done in DBC but can be easily converted to DBPro.

internet gaming group
current project http://home.comcast.net/~norman.perry/Archon.html
FeaR
Years of Service
User Offline
its ok now i found 1 and i am modfiying it but, how do i import maps like q3 to cartography shop 4, and then export as .x file, Ty

-FeaR-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:46:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:46:30