Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Video Game Poll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Which is your favorite genre of video game to PLAY??

1) MMORPG
2) ACTION/ADVENTURE
3) Shoot 'Em Up
4) Real Time Strategy/Strategy
5) Retro Games
6) Other Genres

Lonnie
Years of Service
User Offline
Well...

MMORPG's I dont realy play, but I heard they are fun, but I also heard there is little or no story in most MMORPG from the Producers of Metal Gear Solid.

I realy like Action/Adventure(Zelda Games). Ah, yes, some of my first memorys of Video Games was the awesome Zelda: Link to the Past. An all time cool game, Zelda Ocarina of Time is cool too, it was voted game of the century).

~"Next Generation Magazine labeled Ocarina of Time 'the game of the century'. In North America, Nintendo expected the game to sell over two million games between the November 23, 1998, launch and New Year's eve. Around the world, Nintendo predicted the number to be five million by the end of its fiscal year on March 31 - in the process creating a revenue stream of $300 million gross in about 120 days.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time received over 250,000 cash deposits reserving the game for release. The limited edition gold cartridge enticed many gamers. This made it the most reserved game of all time (Diddy Kong Racing held the prior record of 125,000 pre-sells).

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was the winner of six Interactive Achievement Awards.

Ocarina of Time was eventually given "Player's Choice" status in North America for the Nintendo 64. Player's Choice titles are specially-priced million-selling games."~

Sheet 'Em Ups are fun, I enjoy Shoot Em Ups like, TimeSplitters 2. Metal Gear Solid looks fun though too.

I know RTS Games are very high on my list of favorites(I realy like SC(StarCraft) and I thought I might try to make an RTS).

Retro Games, I guess that would be like Mario Games. Those are pretty cool, depending how well they are done.

For other Gernes. I realy, realy like RPGs! Like Final Fantasy VII, Skys Of Arcadia, other Final Fantasys. I can play RPGs like those for hours, every day.

So my Favorites, Zelda Style Games, and RTS games with multi-player.

Later

Do Print "Hello World"
Wait 2003 loop
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 03:35 Edited at: 31st Mar 2004 03:35
i like MMORPGs or just even RPGs

You did what? For who?! For how many jellybeans?!?
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
What are MMORPGs games?

CURRENT PROJECT: RETRO PAC-MAN
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 03:47
Err... if i'm not mistaken they are;
Massivley Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games
???

You did what? For who?! For how many jellybeans?!?
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 17:45
MMORG: Since descovering Everquest just over 3 years ago I stopped buying computer games.

ACTION/ADVENTURE: You mean games where there is only 1 route from A to B and you have to get a giant section right or you are back to the last checkpoint and have to re do everything...!? No thanks.

SHOOT 'EM UP: /yawn. Played a few thousand of these, am yet to see anything new that I didn't see in Space Invaders.

REAL TIME STRATEGY: Good concept, but boring single player. Since Sudden Strike i'm yet to see one that interests me, but I cannot get a multiplayer game amongst my friends anyway, they refuse to play me now at any RTS and single player is just dull.

RETRO GAMES: Good for 5 minutes.

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 19:01 Edited at: 31st Mar 2004 19:01
not sure where Halo goes...(2? or 3?) but that would be my all around favorite game

"Your wife is death. How? NO idea. But it is murder. REVENGE!!!!!!!!!"
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2004 09:34
Half-Life i tell you half-life?
(in 2/3?)

My avatar's cool. It has a mirror
Blazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 02:13 Edited at: 5th Apr 2004 02:14
2) ACTION/ADVENTURE

i love games like zelda and jedi knight

I discriminate against discriminating people....
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 05:48
Zelda: Link to the Past was like...my first game!

You're just jealous cuz the voices don't talk to you!!!
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
4) when it's MMORTS/management sims, then i preffer it. for non-online games i preffer racing games.

http://www.tinnedhead.tk under re-construction.
kenmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 03:03 Edited at: 27th Jun 2012 06:20
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 20:47
I love RPGs(I mean stuff like Final Fantasy not games like Morrowind-what´s the point in a ROLE playing game if the story´s so thin you don´t even know what your role is). Does anybody know of the existence of a GC or Xbox rpg? The only one I found is Skies of Arcadia which is a port of a Dreamcast game.

Libera tu mente y te liberaras a ti.
Clownpaint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 21:16
RTS' are my favourites, i love multiplayer warfare!!!
but since i bought day of defeat its opened my eyes to fps online, im a multiplayer person, i dont feel like theres much to acheive from single player, you cant show off to people.

Except call of duty, i love that in single player, good atmosphere.
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 23:40
MIR: gamecube has FF Chrystal Chronicals, XBOX has Fable I think, but seeing as I don't have an XBOX or gc, I wouldn't know their quality

MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 00:04
Technicaly they don´t have them as theý´re not out yet. Oh wait. FF CC is out but I´m not sure if it´s any good. It hasn´t recieved very good reviews and it might be just a cash-in like FF Tactics (no offense to the poeple who like this game-I just find the fights very repetative and the only rewards for doing them are yet more fights)

Libera tu mente y te liberaras a ti.
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 00:10
Tactics was good and all, but the original was soooooo much better IMHO.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:52:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:52:56