Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Planning a big project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 09:27
Im planning to make a game, but im not starting soon though, but i was wondering has anyone ever made a wrestling game?(though im a wrestling fan, I am aware that it's fake!)Well anyway my big project is a wrestling game and im also a noob at this. Im not going to begin the project, but right now im doing some things that i need to work on like finding a 3d character model to work on and a fast and real working main menus. So far right now im practicing on some coding. My question is that a good idea to make a wrestling game? I haven't say anything for a long time because i was afraid of getting flamed, but i want honest opinions about the project. Im planning to start it somewhere late this year. I've been learning DB for almost a year and a half(i actually took a three month break do to my computer crashing)Im only learning it with the DB demo and it isn't long enough for me to learn it. So far im learning DB Pro because i got the hang of DB i know how to load character models, backgrounds, and stuff. but so far i haven't tried matrix yet. I think i know how, but i just don't know why i don't try it. for my wrestling game, im just having the simple things first like:

main menu(which is pretty easy to do,
opening sequences(it's pretty easy too),
3d human model(kinda lost and don't know where to begin),
and a simple match(which I need a 3d model and a 3d ring for this).

for a 3D human model im not looking for a good perfect one, but at least a building block that has bulky square and rectangle arms and legs. The one thing that throws me off most is collision. I know what it is, but the instructions aren't good and clear. I think it's possible to build up your own collision detection am i right? does it require math to do that?

the create option i once heard that it's possible to have things like Tony Hawk Underground's Create a skater or WWE Smackdown's create a wrestler. Is it really possible with DB Pro using DX9?
I'm planning to have a create mode where you can create your own character.

How can i build an arena? do i use matrices?

i hope you guys take the time to help me out thanks.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 15:01
Collision: Use the NG DLL and life will be easy.
Create a Character: Yes this is possible.
Arenas: Use a .x model

We need help! Email us! join@eternaldestinyonline.com
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 19:00
Have you thought about creating a design document first so you have blueprint to follow for your big project? That's what I plan to do for my next big project. I mention that also because Gameversity (http://www.gameversity.com) is starting up a game design foundations class tomorrow.
--
TAZ

Brown Owl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 21:28
Great! Sign me up... Ever since Raw there needs to be a proper grappler for pc.

I don't get mad, I get stabby.
DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 11:11
thanks guys! all of this is very helpful. i'll try to remember the NG DLL thing but first can anyone tell me first what it is. In a summary because i'll look for the rest of the detail for it's site.(if it has one!) my project does have a blue print by the way from opening movie sequences,main menus,character select screen, basic arena design, to basic character model. I have all the blue prints and stuff. Im willing to learn and get some hands on experience. Storylines and story are already covered to! I'm a creative type of guy so i know a great story before i can ever see myself making a great game. lol.... oh well... sign me up too! gameversity here i come! thanks guys for taking your time. I really appreciate this.
DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 11:32
Okay here's the plan. Planing to make one or two starting models but right now i need a 3d modeler, but right now im trying to learn anim8or, but how the heck can i animate them. I have no money to buy things like Milkshape and character FX. I once thought that you can just animate them on DB Pro is it true? I think it's harder, but im willing to do it if i have no other choice. Can anyone tell me if there's a program where i can animate them. I'm also trying to make a ring so i can have the two models brawl in. That's all there is for now.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 05:40
I know that in DBC you can save keyframes and load them in with APPEND OBJECT. Anim8or is kind of ironic, since it doesn't animate. If you want you can make your static models in one program that you find useful, then animate them in trueSpace3.2, since it's free. It handles animation to .x export fine.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:33:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:33:02