Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hiya! Fps Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2004 21:15
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been here for AGES... I saw the articles about this new fps creator in the works and it mentions .map or some other filetype. I recognised it from Geomod 3d so I was wondering whether FPS Creator would accept them. If yes, Far-Cry here I come!

I don't get mad, I get stabby.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 02:31
Lol, a little ambitious? That's probably good, though . Tons of stuff from many tools will work with FPSC, and since Geoscape exports to .x that is pretty much a definite yes to your question. If you're going to attempt something FarCry-ish, probably one of the best things I saw when I played the demo was the stuff that the enemies shouted at you. "I can't see him!" "He's over there!" "Bit my ***!" "You're gonna die mofo!" "Freeze ***hole!"

That was great.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Brown Owl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 17:58
Hhmmmnnn sounds it. Too big a file size for my internet. You should be able to get voices into fps creator, I think they should have some pre-made voice samples!

Brown Owl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 22:43
I think its ment to be like an expert's 3d gamemaker. you do everything like in t3dgm but then you can script and code and add anything you want and and I'm definately checking it out when it's done.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2004 04:00
From the looks of it, it's not written in DB like 3dGM was, so it will perform a lot better. It will have its own scripting language for custom effects of any type (visual, AI, sound, etc.). It will also export to DBPro code. Check out the new newsletter.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 16:38
Didn'tyou see th post by lee. He said FPSC was to be written in DBpro! and anything not able to do in Dbpro would be used to update DBpro with the ability to do it therefore we all benefit as the updates will have those mods to the language in it.

My avatar's cool. It has a mirror
Brown Owl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 13:59
I didn't know Ragdoll was available in DBpro.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 17:37
Quote: "I didn't know Ragdoll was available in DBpro."

it's not...yet

"Your wife is death. How? NO idea. But it is murder. REVENGE!!!!!!!!!"
Brown Owl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 23:15
Owie! Painful death scenes would look good in slo-mo. I wonder if you can do a bullet time and shoot dodge script. Perfect for a time controlling watch.

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 00:30
Wolf's plugin wrapper for Tokamak physics will allow that now or real soon. The last time I check in on it he said he was working on rag doll stuff. Check the program announcements or WIP sections.
--
TAZ

Brown Owl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 14:53
Plus there's meant to be multiplayer on fps creator. I guess deathmatch and co-op will be available from the beginning and that we'll have to code in our own styles.

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2004 22:28
The only thing that puts me off about the FPSC, is the level creating part of it. From what I get from it is that it is primarely for indoor environments, I was planning an FPS with outdoor environments instead.

P4 3.2Ghz/Alienware area 51/radeon 9800 pro 256mb/sound blaster audigy 2/5.1 surround sound speakers.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 01:49
Some posts on this forum, in the newsletter, etc. Most of the regulars here are information junkies.

Also, if you know the language and technology well enough, you can read inbetween the lines and understand what has to happen to make certain features work.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:39:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:39:41