Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Running on Linux - Using integrated Graphics cards on MB using shared memory

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 13:43
Firstly I need to find out if anyone has a game made with DBpro running on Linux. I intend trying WINEx for linux as this apparently runs games made for Microsoft Directx and runs the normal code as you would for a Windows based program.

Has anyone done this before ?

Secondly,

has anyone used an intergrated graphics card in a motherboard using 32Mb shared memory ?

Thanks

Peter
Tywald
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 13:56
PeterLewis:

I have been using a few computers that has it´s graphics chip integrated on the motherboard, mainly Intel.
Why do you ask? Can you be a bit more specific about that question?

- Tywald
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 13:56
to make it easier for others.

what flavour linux>?
what verion/data of wine
whats the speed of your mobo
how much ram have u got
is it a geforce onboard set?

Personally I dont like onboard stuff, you may not be able to access shaders and so forth and there may be a performance hit against a real card per say.

Tywald
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2004 14:14
I agree whit Indi, avoid those things and buy a cheap "real card".

- Tywald
PeterLewis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 15:15
Firstly the application is for a terminal whch is Just the size of a normal monitor with a smart card. Due to the size of the terminal it has a on-board graphics card. The full specification I will get next week and post if. Presently they are using Mandrake 9.1. The terminal boots off a central Linux server. The version of WINEx would be version 3.30 or the latest.

With my game I have written and using Win2000 on this board it does not start. The screen goes blank and nothing else happens.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:37:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:37:53