Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / PC 2.0?!?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2004 02:44
Hey guys,

I just found this on IGN
http://pc.ign.com/articles/503/503640p1.html

It says something about hardware companies coming together to produce a standardized yet modular computer. This computer supposubly is capable of running XBOX and PS2 games as well as computer games. All this for a price of $500

Now if this where true, its really really cool; but I have a suspision that it is a April Fools Trick (actually I REALLY REALLY think it is a joke)...

what do you guys think?

Amist the Blue Skies...
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2004 03:07
ps 2 games on a x86 architecture. haw haw sounds dubious

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2004 10:03
Dunno. Could emulate it. N64 and PSX emulators ran alright even on 500Mhz computer. Ahem. So I heard.....

Got to be a joke though. What would be the point? I mean once you had it working then PS3 and XBOX 2 would be out. And nobody would want it then. Not only that, but I seriously don't think MS or Sony would let them sell it. I say this assuming the report didn't state they were involved with the project (why would they share profits?). Am at work and have no time to read it.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:55:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:55:58