Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Command Line Interface

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can anyone give me some help with using the CLI window in DBC...I don't really know what to do with it as far as debugging goes. A tutorial would be of great assistance if anyone knows where I might find one. Thanks.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 01:39
The cli is nothing more than real-time coding.If your program runs into a bug, you can press ESC to bring up the CLI, then type in the various commands you know to try and fix the problem.

Example:
If your app that uses 2d sprites and images suddenly starts blurring all the images when you move them you would think "Oh no! A bug! I must now open the cli to see how I can fix it." After pressing ESC you could type in some stuff.
You see that "CLS" doesn't fix anything. You think harder and try this "SYNC ON : SYNC RATE 60 : SYNC" and now the program starts syncing and you now know to stick the SYNCs in to fix the problem.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:32:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:32:30