Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBPro vs DBClassic Comparison

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
At what point does one consider upgrading from DBC to DBPro? It's one of those issues that I don't know what I don't know.

It seems that most of the more advanced programs are DBPro.

And, should DBPro be in my future, is an upgrade available, or does one buy a complete DBPro package?
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2004 17:55
There used to be a DBC to DBP Upgrade package, not sure if thats still the case, check the "shop" part of the site.

And yes, its definitely worth your while to upgrade. DBP has way more features, is generally faster and is constantly being updated. It has structures such as types, which can make your life a lot easier, and many more small things that can make your life a lot easier.

Its not a bug, its a feature!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2004 18:16
there is no comparison - switch to pro

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo available now!
Magpie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2004 18:24
Yeah. Many new features, like automatically added icons, encryption for files and a "to do" list have been added.
It was worth the wait...

Dead against necromancy...
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 01:31
Not sure about upgrade pricing for DBPro, but it is definitely a wise idea to upgrade to Pro in the future. I've only got Classic right now, and we're finishing a large project in that, and then we're upgrading to Pro. It makes sense to me that if you already have Classic you may as well do something worthwhile with it then switch to Pro.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Retro Addict
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 16:24
Upgrade price from DBC to DBP is $76.49 (USD). You have to have purchased DBC through TGC's website for the upgrade price. They'll have the record on file of you. Hope that helps. I'm about to upgrade myself....

PC Specs: AMD 1800+ 256M DDR, Geforce MX440 - DB v1.13

To DB or not to DB............duh DB!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:41:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:41:58