Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Applying a texture to a model with DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 03:32
Hi all,

I did look among the example programs and the posts here but all I have done is managed to confuse myself further, so any advice would be good.

There is an example ninja.x and an example ninja.bmp, I simply want to load the model (.x) and apply the texture (.bmp). That would need;

load "ninja.bmp",var
load object "ninja.x",var2

then I need a 'make mesh from object'?

I looked at the sample code in an html file which seemed to be the only reference to the ninja.x file, but this didn't seem to apply a texture. Should I say skin there? Sorry if my wording is incorrect.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 04:33
texture object command will texture an object but you may need to look into uvwrapping or uv mapping for a more defined texture.

fall down seven times, stand up eight
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 06:38
Also, many .X models have references to the textures included in them. So, you need the bitmap(s), but you don't have to load it since DB will do that for you when you load the .X file.
--
TAZ

Melael Darkfury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 11:41
Thanks a lot!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:27:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:27:46