Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dark Basic Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 21:02
I'm not even sure if this is the right place to post, this message.
First off, a disclaimer, I am sick as a dog today, so if this post wanders a bit... forgive me. (Thank God for Spell Check!)

That's kinda cool; I should use that for a signature.

Anyway, have you ever noticed that in a normal social situation, people always put their best foot forward? While on a forum (especially this forum) people are inevitably posting after a 12-hour marathon of programming, late at night, as the crack, caffeine, etc is wearing off?

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this post-thingy is that I am frustrated with the way that DBpro absolutely requires my cd for me to use it. Is there a way to bypass this that will not ruin the code base and is supported, etc?

I think I'll go die now.

So many games... so little time!
Slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 21:09 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2004 21:09
update darkbasicpro with the new patch, I havent even seen
the check cd for some time now. just update

I dont know how to spell
sponge008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 22:23
When I just installed it, it required a CD, but now it doesn't. Maybe it has to check for the CD twice in the period of the first week you use it or something.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 22:45
It's a nice feature that I hope does not get abused.

Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 23:23
Ah that explains that then - I had forgot to put my CD in the other night and merrilly coded away - it was when I went to eject it to put something else in I noticed there was no DarkBasic Professional CD in the drive!!

If the CD check is re-instated in an future patch, then there is a USB dongle that can be purchased I believe.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:28:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:28:51