Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / more levels!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how do u create more levels that u can advance to if sometming hapens eg. u get to the end of a maze (all this is in dbc)
thnx

Mwaaaahhhhhaaaaahhhhaaaahhhhhaaaahhhhaaaa I need blood
Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 22:20
It's a bit of an open question - do you have source code to show us with your game as it stands or are you just asking for theory?

Theoretically, you would have in your game loop something to check for the end of the level the player is on, and if that condition is satisfied, then you would execute some code to load and display the new level :

Do
If Level is complete
Code to load the new level in here
Endif

Existing game code here
Loop

sponge008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2004 22:22
Well, you should probably delete the previous level model and load the next one, all while displaying the "congratulations" screen. I would use an invisible object at the endpoint and if object collision between you and the object occurs, you end that level and do what I just said above. Other than that, you could also do that if your coordinates were the level's end's coordinates.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:29:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:29:04