Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 01:59
hello all yet again.
I am having some trouble sliding my camear to the sides, perhaps some one can help me.

would somebody please share a snippet that would show me how to slide relativly right or left, not matter what direction the camera is facing?

Think Gad fro Spill Chock!
Tim Ballisto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 02:33
http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=codebase_view_code&i=89b69eb1a06522a3e4a5e0b174bb7e94

if you mean the sidestep effect.

Programs for programmers.
Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 02:53
Actually I'm trying to do a slide effect in a completely 3d environment. I want the camera to slide to the relative right or left, whether that is along the x, y, or z axis.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 04:02
here is the code from an FPS test I was doing. The code uses mouselook, up down arrows for forward back, and left right arrows for strafe left right (side stepping - which is what I think you want) It's up to you to weed out what you need from the code. Note there are 2 dummy objects and a camera all "attched" within the code.
the left right strafe works regardless of which way the camera is facing.

good luck

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo and FULL versions now available!!
Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 08:52
I'm doing a space kinda thing, with guys in space suits and asteroids. This leads to the normal up and down left and right to get confused. What i'm looking for is a way to slide to the relative left or right. Which means the actual direction that they are traveling could be up!

The problem I'm having with adapting this, is that in most conventional shooters, if a player is looking down a hole for instance, and wants to circle it, he is strafing along the ground, while facing down.

In my project (its not even a game yet!) there is no ground and I want people and objects to move in a completely weightless environment.

Again I appreciate the help given so far (I'm not turning my nose up to anyone who knows more than me!) and I hope someone has the answer I need! Thank you for your time.

Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 12:18 Edited at: 5th Apr 2004 12:18
You mean movement code in space?

Quote: "
UPDATED

Amd 2800+ 1024mb pc3200 A7N8X - Deluxe Ati Radeon 9800PRO 256mb
"
Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2004 14:33
Hrmm
I looked that code over, and i have no idea whats going on in it. (the math is a little over my head I think.)

I decided to try it, but instead mof my camera moving, one of my boxes moves! Weird!

But. Yes. I am looking for space movement code, specifically something that will allow me to slide laterlly.

Social Disease
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 14:58
I thought maybe the problem was in my other code, so I started again, and now it dosen't work at all.

Here's my code so far: (that works, kinda)

Please help!

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 17:10
You can't mix the rotate and freeflight commands at the moment. Try this instead (its fairly similar):

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:31:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:31:45