Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / IM re-learning DarkBasic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Since I got DB pro I have been out of touch with DB and I had to relearn everything becuase my computers hardrive died about a few months ago...
I made a Catalog of monsters (again) and used DIM statments to store all the monster data...
This code gernerally just repeats over and over again making lists of monsters....you could have a chance to fight a rare boss monster..its not much but I had to restart from scratch....

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 21:30
Nice snippet! Mind if I use this snippet in my RPG, eternal destiny? You will be credited!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
DracoFireDragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Go ahead and use the code!

I didn't think that this code would be of use to anyone or there were better ways to generate lists of monsters and keep their stats (maybe ab eeter way would be to make a readable file???)

DracoFireDragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Now im Trying to get the monster list and everything to be read from a data statment...Im sure real RPGs just use data statments in different files...

DracoFireDragon
Years of Service
User Offline
feels like im writing code for a PSone rpg or something and it has to read data off the disk

DracoFireDragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm it doesnt like to read data...wonder how I can tell the cursor automatically go to the type of monster that was rolled up..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:57:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:57:51