Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / can any one point me to a simple game in html that i can stick on my web site.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 02:46
i'm trying to learn DB and its good fun, but i want to liven up my web site and have tried to find some simple games but no luck. if any one can point me in a good direction i'd be jolly thankfull
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 04:36
you won't have any luck finding an html game. You need to use java or flash/lingo, or some other logic-able scripting language.

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo and FULL versions now available!!
lothlorien
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 02:30
yup i see your point, after a few more hours trawling the net (Wale in UK is lucky if we get a speed of 28 kbps) flash or java i don't know if there is a pref. any more pointers please. And if your ever in UK i've got a few cows, sheep an horses you could practice rustling lol
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 03:32
I reccomend flash for starting out but java perhaps later on.

heres a mini demo of a game ive made in flash

http://www.lunarpixel.net/media/games/action_demos/manic_traffic.swf
http://www.lunarpixel.net/media/games/action_demos/manic_traffic.swf

fall down seven times, stand up eight
Trowbee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 05:58
Or you can go to http://javascript.internet.com/games/ to see a selection of what can be done using JavaScript.
lothlorien
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 21:24
Thanks .... I think flash looks good but how or where you go to learn more I don't know. I've now seen some jolly good games that use it. I think i'm too old an thick to learn any more language DB has me stumped most of the time I get the idea but can never remember syntax/format or what ever you call each statement.So have to keep going back to look it up. At the moment the camara diapears thro the wall! nice touch but not quite what I want
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 22:37
id advise getting someone to make u a game or buying a lisence to publish one or make a v simple one in DB n give a link to the exe and tell them to click 'open'

Hello, I'll do this later...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:19:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:19:26