Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / my first game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 03:02
well i gave up on trying to create an rpg big game because i've only goten a few feet of terrian done in 2 and1/2 years. Comon,i'm only 11!!so i'm starting out with an old pong game. I have no were to start,so what do you recamend starting out with? Scenery, charecters, what?
blank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 04:11
in order to make this game quick and easy to make, id keep it fairly simple. just have two players (to avoid the ai poop for now) and boundaries where the ball will bounce off and of course a ball. make the characters controllable first then add in boundariesmake sure they all work (for instance make sure the player cant go off the screen.then comes the tricky part.. the ball for this you need to get it moving then program its responses to objects. ive so far not managed a pong game, i go confused with the ball thing, but im sure if you work on it and have common sense (which i ubnfortunately have a lack of) you'll crack it. Good luck mate
SubNova
Years of Service
User Offline
So am I, Idiot(no offense)! I'm working on a game called Eclipse Galaga, and need help! Maybe a combo pack, your Pong and my Galaga clone, would work! Visit my URL for more info.

Death by skill, not by force.-Iron Condor
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 09:57
You guys going commercial? I love it. Somehow the smell of capitalism makes my mouth water.

My opinion: For PONG add some new elements to the game once you have the basic handle down. I'm thinking bombs strewn about the arena, breakout mode, etc.

For Eclipse Galaga just make lots of cool powerups....sounds simple, but it makes a lot of space shooters successful.
Check out [href]http://www.mking.com[/href], they make awesome space shooters, and half the fun is the powerups--Demonstar is a favorite of mine. BTW, these guys used something similar to DB to make these games. Don't want to seem like I'm advertising, but when we seriously decided to buckle down on making an FPS we sat down and played all sorts of FPS games to see their strengths and weaknesses.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
SubNova
Years of Service
User Offline
No idea! I do not know Idiot in any way but his/her screen name! If we did, we would have probably been working on it right now!

SubNova
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it me or is this topic dead?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 05:37:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 05:37:02