Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / rediculous timeline

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 05:21 Edited at: 7th Apr 2004 06:28
Um, what would you say to someone who boasts that they're making an mmorpg that will be ready for beta in the middle of april...and his progress log screaches to a hault on the day that his first log entry was entered...?

That log reads as follows:
Quote: "I finally finished the level one sword model that I have been working on for the past 24 hours."

Christ...That better be one hell of a magnificient object. It's going to be a very sparce beta... lol... I don't think those guys have any concept of time.

Quote: " Timesoft - Your wife is death. How? NO idea.
But it is murder. REVENGE!!!!!!!!!"

Hands down the funniest synopsis for a game ever. All your base are belong to us!
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Shh...

Your just going to attract them...

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 09:37
big dreams, little expertise.
It doesnt really harm anyone except for maybe themselves or the crew they hook up with. Ive been working on an off on a RPG for years.
Granted I dont have 24 hours a day to work it and sometimes I wait for a new patch of DBP to forge again but seriously its no easy feat.

Things will fall into place if you study hard and learn that mmorpgs are not the first thing you should make. if you really want to learn about RPGS the humble pacman game has a lot of rpg features with regards to good monsters inside dungeons. learn pacman well and then try another stab at a rpg.
leave the multiplayer and the massive multiplayer stuff for when your really advanced.

fall down seven times, stand up eight

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:48:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:48:53