Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2 questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 21:16
well my first question is i can't start a new project on darkbasic, i keep chnanging what i want to do and i have finnaly found out wich one i'm going to do first. So can someone tell me how you start a new project? and now for my second question, well i don't know if you knew this but there was a couple free models in one of the news letters,and i downloaded one. it had a kinight model on it, wich was the one i was looking for. It was really cool couase he did everything you wanted him to do, he had an attack, he had a charge and all these other things. I thought that would be awsome to have, so i went to media browser and found my models, but instead of bieng a cool big knight, he was grey and laying flat on the floor. how can i get him to be like the knight i saw on the darkmatter website showcase?
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 22:40
1. file>new project

2. i dunt know, if u've just started, why not use a simple model that just walks and go up, thats what i'll do when ive finished my command line project

Hello, I'll do this later...
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 23:36
Look at your source code and determine which model you're really loading.

doom on cats
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 23:49
for the second question those are good anwers, but not the ones i was looking for but, what i meant was, i don't know why my model doesn't work right. THis is my question in as much detail as i can: i downloaded a model for my game, it doesn't work or look like it did in the showcase on darkmatter.com(it is a free sample of some darkmatter models). All it looked like was my model facing towards the ground and all in a differn't coler. how do i get it to look like it did on the Darkmatter website?(Sorry if i'm confusing you).
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2004 00:01 Edited at: 9th Apr 2004 00:04
(1)..check out the rotate object and fix object pivot commands
(2)..check the help file on animation of 3d objects (start with play animation)
(3)..you need the texture file for the knight to be in the same folder as the model.x file, the texture file will be most likley a .dds file, you need that in the same folder as the .x model
(4)..file/new project works for me, you might want to swap to another ide (like the blue ide)

what you need to do is to use the rotate object commands to turn the object so that he is standing up, then you need to find the commands to play (for example) the walking animation, you need the texture file in the same folder as the model, and if you using Pro then you may need to use the set object specular command to see it without excessive highlighting, if you post a link to the file (if it`s still there) then i will write a simple viewer for it, if I remeber to check this post again that is .

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, ATI radeon 9800 pro gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2004 01:51
All good advice. Also, go to the August issue of the newsletter and download the Alienware demo and resources. To me, this is one of the best examples of model loading and animation playing you will find.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:37:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:37:50