Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / runtime error 502

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok I keep getting that runtime error whenever I test out the main menu of my game. it said I couldn't load the image at line 52 so I'm thinking "ok this will probably a quick fix" but no it has to keep occuring over and over. Which is why I need help I don't understand why this code is occuring I have it written out like the code in the help files yet it still occurs.

This is line 52 by the way:

LOAD IMAGE "mainmenu",1

which is basically just like the example code in the help files so I would greatly appreciate it if you could show me were I've made a mistake since I'm trying to figure it out but nothings worked yet... thank you so much to anyone who has the time to help me on this. *goes back to trying to fix it*

What you don't know can't hurt you,
...you've got a hoard of zombies behind you.
Now you know!*echoes*
Maelstrom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2004 16:25
Hi

Shouldn't mainmenu have .bmp,.jpg after it.
LOAD IMAGE "mainmenu.bmp",1
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2004 16:45 Edited at: 9th Apr 2004 16:48
502 is "image does not exist", so I guess like Maelstrom says you need .bmp or .jpg after it, just cos windows hides the file extensions doesn`t mean they are not there, DB needs that .bmp or whatever to distinguish that file from mainmenu.mov or mainmenu.mp3 or any other like named files you might just happen to have in your project folder, I like to work with the file extensions visible (you can set it so in control panel) cheers.

Mentor.

ps: if you want to know what the runtime errors mean then go to the db folder, go to the compiler/lang/english then open errors.txt in word, voila! a whole list of the errors and associated descriptions.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, ATI radeon 9800 pro gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.
Zenkai
Years of Service
User Offline
ok well I figured out the problem but now whenever I go in to test out the main menu it doesn't display it it only goes to a black screen and then the game shuts off any ideas? *goes searching for problem while he waits*

What you don't know can't hurt you,
...you've got a hoard of zombies behind you.
Now you know!*echoes*
PST
Years of Service
User Offline
Try using a do loop or a wait key.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:34:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:34:47