Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2 quick questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2002 01:54
1.)How well does multiplayer work??
Would you be able to get 10 people on at the same time if you gave your friends each a copy of your game?

2.)How does conversations work?
Would you be able to script it so that you could actaully hear the voice of who is talking ,or is the only thing you can do is regular talk ,where text is displayed at the bottom.
I love games
TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
This is the newcomer's forum not the pro's I don't think anyone will help...maybe but try checking at the regular discussion board

If life gives you a lemon, shove it up a water gun and squirt it into someone's eyes!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2002 04:32
1.)How well does multiplayer work??
Would you be able to get 10 people on at the same time if you gave your friends each a copy of your game?

thats possible with internet/ lan & dial up so the DBP book says

Basically u establish a link between them all then echo what is added to an array on everyones monitor.
using an array would help in scrolling the lines typed by all broadcaster / listeners.

2.)How does conversations work?
Would you be able to script it so that you could actaully hear the voice of who is talking ,or is the only thing you can do is regular talk ,where text is displayed at the bottom.

yeah theres record sounds and play sounds but Im sure u could send that voice data across with multiplayer but not sure exactly how. maybe memblocks

I love games

same here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:33:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:33:01