Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Mouse Help, plz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how do i make the mouse click in a certain spot when im not around? i need help on that. I no how to position it, just not make it click all by itself. Thx to those who respond. *i need mouse to click 1 time by itself* ! !
-

I dun no
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 01:53
look up mouseclick() function. I am pretty sure it is GET only, not SET. If you can set it then set it to 1, highly doubtful tho.

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo and FULL versions now available!!
DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, i dont understand what u mean, please be a little more precise, im new at this and im only 14. thx for trying to help me

I dun no
Egyptian Mua
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 04:29
Find the help funtion (for DB in the help menu pick commands on DBpro a window comes up when you start it goto the main menu of that and see if you can find commands thare)

Just post again if you need more help (I think I will be on this fourm some.)

-Egyptianmua
Logo, QuickBASIC, HTML, DarkBASIC
DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
i still dont have the line of code i need, i need it for a autoer on a certain game. thx for trying, post again plz

I dun no
DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
still waiting for a new post, i need help to get a line of code that clicks the mouse for me!! so i dont have to be there to do it, post plz

I dun no
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 05:40
Quote: "how do i make the mouse click in a certain spot when im not around? "

I don't know if you can do that. You can test when the mouse is clicked by the user by using MOUSECLICK() function. What I mean by GET/SET is: a function usually returns a value (like mouseclick() will return 1 when mouse is clicked and 0 when not) That would be the GET part, some functions also let you SET the value, by saying thisfunction()=1, all I mean is I don't think it's possible with the mouse - or if it is I don't know how to do it, hence you can't make the mouse be clicked from code in dbp

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo and FULL versions now available!!
DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
well that sux, im using only db, im not even registered, im only 14...

I dun no
Jonny_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 05:54 Edited at: 11th Apr 2004 05:56
Quote: "well that sux, im using only db, im not even registered, im only 14..."

Ah its a mistake to think age makes a difference......what does make a difference is how good a coder you are. sigh.........Lots of people decide to post questions without even looking for themselves. DBP and DBC come with ah rather well documented help document so I suggest you look there. As CattleRustler said your only real option is the MouseClick() function, but as he said I dunno if you can set a value to it........I'll go check.

edit - Sorry, I don't think its possible.......I may be wrong though

Supermonkey - The crime gifhting sex god monkey!
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 12:31 Edited at: 11th Apr 2004 12:32
it isn`t possible, but I don`t get WHY you need to be able to use the mouseclick function like that, if this is your program and for example when the mouse is clicked it executes the function "doingthings()", then just do the following

t=0
delay=seconds*1000
do
if timer()>=t
doingthings()
t=timer()+delay
endif
loop

will just call the function every `seconds` over and over forever, just the same as if you clicked a mouse on it, just what are you trying to do exactly, maybe then we could help if we knew better what you where trying to do.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, ATI radeon 9800 pro gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 18:56
Short answer it can't be done.

Long answer you need to write a dll or using the api directly and you need dbpro or dbc enhanced to do either of those.

The api function you would need to use
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/UserInput/KeyboardInput/KeyboardInputReference/KeyboardInputFunctions/SendInput.asp

you ain't the cops
DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
well thx anyways to all who responded

I dun no
DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
what im trying to do is get the mouse to click 1 time on the screen at a certain spot, wait 65 seconds (i no the wait line) then move to another point and do it again. It is to help me on a game when im away AKA playing for me.

I dun no
DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
i have a idea, is there a similar command that makes a action happen in a certain spot? like is there another option that would open a file or click on start menu or exit a window? kinda hard to describe what im trying to get it, im sorry but please respond to this. Thank you to all who have tried to help me, i appreiciate this very much. Keep up the good work!!

I dun no
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2004 01:05 Edited at: 12th Apr 2004 01:06
The mouse_event api fundtion is much easier to use than send input. I am not sure it works on all versions of windows, it works ok here on win2k.

Some dbpro code that does a click at 10,10.

you ain't the cops
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2004 04:07
the_winch has just provided everything you need in one simple function, just pass in the x,y coords and youre good to go.

DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you very much, the_winch and you too CattleRustler, you guys are the greatest!! if i ever need help (lol i know i will) i know who to ask, you guys must be pro lol. Thx again!!

I dun no
DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
1 last question, does it work on on db? or dbpro or db?!? im really new to this, i also dont understand what exactly to type in, the coordinates are 300,300 and and i put wait 65000(thats 65 seconds right?) now what?

I dun no
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2004 00:05
Geezus, you give a guy a hand grenade and he can't even blow his nose with it.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2004 01:44

DarkDude
Years of Service
User Offline
hey thx it works fine, just a little tweaking it up as i go along and im good to go, Thx To: EVERYONE!!! YoU GuYs RoCk!

I dun no

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 04:31:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 04:31:05