Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Xeno Protector - flash game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 01:30
Hello! I put this in off topic instead of program announcements because it isn't a DB game. But I did just buy ExGen and used it for the explosions in the game.

Anyway, I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on it, so I thought I'd post it here to see what everyone thinks so far.

http://www.xenotrader.com/protector.php

Just a word of warning, though, for those of you with slower connections, it's 300kb, so it might take a while to load. I'm working on a lite version for people on dial-up or slower machines, but for now this one was just a test with all the bells and whistles.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Not bad, those explosions are a bit small, the rocks explode like marshmellows, but still not bad.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 04:11
nice game mate always like flash related games for some reason

fall down seven times, stand up eight
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 04:26
Hey that was pretty fun.

Great job!

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
EgoAnt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 05:57
MMmmmmmm, marshmallows...

Thanks, glad you guys like it. It was mostly just done as a test, and then I just kind of went a little crazy with it. I might add a few more things to it at this point, though, it does seem to need a little something extra...
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 08:07 Edited at: 11th Apr 2004 08:08
no offense but it sucked.
not that it didn't take work to make it, it just sucks.
sorry, I don't usually say stuff like this. I usually suck up and lather arse because "someone made something", but in all actuality that game sucks. Did it take some talent to make? YES Absolutely. Is it a game I would play for more than 2 seconds....erm, nope. Doubtful anyone else here would either, despite the rave reviews.

sorry, but 'tis how I felt

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo and FULL versions now available!!
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 08:22 Edited at: 11th Apr 2004 08:22
disagree, though it's too easy
make it harder, not so many power-ups, something like ZeroWing

You're just jealous cuz the voices don't talk to you!!!
EgoAnt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 11:03
Hahaha, well I never claimed to be making the next great epic with this. It's just a subgame for the main event, it's only meant to provide a small diversion. (It was started a a test of ExGen and Discreet's Plasma).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess, however I have to say that I am used to far more constructive criticism. The first version I posted was 100 times worse than what is up there right now, but thanks to the comments I have received so far it has been steadily improving.

But I asked for opinions, and I don't ask for it if I can't take it. Still, I would have rathered you be more specific about what you didn't like.
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 16:28
Yea cattle rustler...grow up will ya?
And YEA it was sorta dull...maybe you shouldl add more weapons! Like rockets or something...

DB generation: http://www.excaver.com/dbg
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Matrix Reformated
jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 16:59 Edited at: 11th Apr 2004 20:34
Really cool game.

For Fathers and Sons who enjoy wholy spirits.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:36:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:36:18