Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Monitor problem....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2004 02:15 Edited at: 12th Apr 2004 02:18
I'm running on my old monitor until I can get a new one. The other one is broken. But it's top resolution is 800x600! Argh!!

I want to play Emperor-Battle for Dune again. But it's set at a higher resulution than this #"¤!"#¤¤%¤ monitor can handle! All I see is a shimmering fuzz. Does anyone know a way to change the resolution of this game externally?

Does anyone know where Westwood's site is these days? I just get to EA, and they only talk about C&C.

Edit:

Naturally I've tried to google for a direct solution, and possible command lines switches, and for everything but God and his agony aunt. No luck though. :/

-----
They SAID that given enough time a million monkeys with typewriters could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare... Internet sure proved them wrong.
-----
MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2004 00:21
Sneaky buggers... Why can't software companies put configuration data in easy identifiable places in the registry? Now, Lee Bamber hides importand data, but configuration data shouldn't be hidden.

Grrrr!

-----
They SAID that given enough time a million monkeys with typewriters could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare... Internet sure proved them wrong.
-----
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2004 03:26
monitors dont usually hold the resolution size. thats dictated by your video card.

fall down seven times, stand up eight
Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2004 03:43
just try a -r switch or something in the command line.

MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2004 04:47
No. It was configured to start at a higher resolution than the standard one from the first game startup. That new setup was saved in the registry. You know, the game starts, the game looks for configurations, and finds it. And hey, this DX-screen that I open should be set at 1280x720 instead of the standard windows screen resolution. And so on.

And that little gem was hidden in the registry, and not in a configuration file. Sneaky buggers...

-----
-----

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:55:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:55:55