Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / My site

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 02:55
Aside from being a shameless plug for my web site, this post also has a dual purpose - for those who are visually impaired, could you have a look and see whether the site is easy to navigate and acceptable to read.

I've tried to make sure the text is highly contrasted to the background colour as much as possible.

The only problem with the site at the moment is that Netfusion is deciding not to put in the colours for when a link is not visited...

The place for all great plug-ins.
Keeping it Unreal since 2004
Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 03:13
Side buttons are to ugly grey ish

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 03:22 Edited at: 15th Apr 2004 03:22
Personal taste is irrelevant - its whether the text can be seen easily thats important.

Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 03:28
OK then, yes I can see it.

But the buttons are too small and its an ugly grey IMHO

GenTekZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 07:21
the "Lizard Thing" is funny. lol
never would expect to have seen one of those infront of a store
the buttons.. grey ones.. kinda match ur TCA colors of yellow and gray. just goes with it.

any ways.. im curious. is this the site that used to have feature that only previous paying members could access?

http://www.GenTekZ.tk
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 10:45
At 1600x1200 the text is slightly harder to read.

Anyhow, DBDN was the payed for site which, i think, is due for a re-release sometime soon.

It was great getting DBPro BETAs and screenshots, if i have the money i will go for it again this time, even though game making has hit the back burner (and i have turned the gas off) due to college and money making.

Whats so good about living anywho?
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 11:04
Quote: "1600x1200"

Cant test it that high - my monitor cant go that high

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 14:08
If you truly do care about the visually impared then yes, the navigation buttons are far too small, and there's no-way someone without their contact lenses in could see them!

But the main font and text is fine on the background - good contrast. Although HCI heads would tell you that a bright background and darker text causes substantially less eye-strain. But its the content that's important to be honest. I dont know of many visually impared coders. And I have to admit, within a fairly short space of time, I scanned your DLLs and saw a few that caught my eye - especially the SQL plugin. So you have lots of useful resources by the looks of things. Nice one.

If you'd like suggestions, I would suggest expanding the detail of said plugins, because I'd like to read just a few more sentences about them before I download them. "An Array type of Plugin" doesn't really make me want to check it out, when infact, it might have some quality functionality behind it.

Overall, nice site though.

Signature? No! Obsolete! These days it's all about chip and pin!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 14:08 Edited at: 15th Apr 2004 14:09
Quote: "Netfusion is deciding not to put in the colours for when a link is not visited"

Try copying the "NetObjects style" to a new one of your own, adding a new stylesheet style, and applying hover, visited etc attributes to the new stylesheet style.

You might find this resource useful...
http://www.rnib.org.uk/xpedio/groups/public/documents/publicwebsite/public_checkpointsandtechnique.hcsp

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 16:16 Edited at: 15th Apr 2004 16:33
I turned out that as I was setting the Link colour, it was disabling all the other link colours, so I've switched that back to automatic.
Its a shame the RNIB dont do free web checks (emailed them yesterday)...
I think I've got the contrasts more or less correct now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:23:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:23:13