Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] Sponsor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to be sponsored by The Game Creators.com

I thought about making games with your logo or something like
"Go to thegamemakers.com and buy 3D game Maker or other Game making software and make your own levels and sent it to....

See i would be advertising u and i thought u could pay me and give my games better graphics.

P.S. Most games will be made in 3D Game maker, because i dont understand C++
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 18:45
wasn't it you who made that thread "helping Tecopet"? Twice? Just wondering...
Before TGC were to consider sponsoring anything, they'd have to see what they're sponsoring. Do you have a game ready?

Can I see a demo now? [edit]Disregard, I saw the demo.
AnDrEy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 18:50
Umm have you enogh money for publishing, marketing, distribution, registering the game/company I am dubious anyone will sponsor all of the above with the exeption of eeeextrmly outstanding games.
No offence but just consider that

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 19:39
ha...

In the beginning, the universe was created...
This made alot of people very angry and it has been widely regarded as a bad idea...
Visit http://redeye.dbspot.com
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 19:41
The Banshee Studios team survives from sponsorship at the moment and is trying to expand in this area, so it can be done.

I have to say to you though, this is not the way to go about getting it. Take a peak at just some of the services Banshee offer when a customer sponsors one of our games and get an idea of what is involved:

Firstly I need to explain that Banshee also run a Pro Kart team, we're proven winners, and are aiming to rebuild the team to achieve victories again by 2005. Our ultimate goal is to win the Pro Kart Le Mans which runs parallel to the main race. So far this season we have finished as high as 4th despite the huge accident I had a month or so ago which has seen me only just returning to work last week.

Most of our sponsorship for the Banshee Studios web site and funding involves sponsorship that is realised on the kart side, although we're negotiating deals that work the other way around too. Wherever we can make a match, we'll light it.

A range of corporate hospitality days to entertain your privaleged customers and/or staff with endurace pro kart racing against or with your multiple-championship winning works [Banshee] team, the works kart especially redecorated in your companies colours for the day. Full catering provided by veteran chef to pop stars and royalty, and team driver, Nick Igoe.

Trade show presence for either software or kart team. Kart team featuring fully polished kart and trophies in full decals and at least 1 driver on hand all day, and software team featuring your bespoke game and all necessary hardware to attract an audience.

Your game distributed on a website achieving 4-7 thousand visitors daily.

Your website linked from within the game, live content such as special offers within the main menu or suiteably placed within the game.

Your name on the Banshee Studios Pro Kart team kart all season.

Your name on the overalls of one or more Banshee Studios Pro Kart team driver until the next set of overalls (at least for 1 season).

Our services range from splash screens on game start up to full product placement such as the main character being a company logo or the game theme being based upon the companies products.

Development lead times can be kept very low (a few months) and expected distribution is at least 100,000 units delivered from the Banshee infrastructure without any cost to the client.

Banshee Studios feature no other advertising on the site or in game.

References can be provided upon request to clientell (not potential rivals from the TGC community mind you! ) (andy@bansheestudios.com)

I'd preffer not to comment on the kind of companies we have geared our package towards, but as you can see there is a lot more to it than getting a firm such as TGC to pay me money for using their product... I take time and care with my customers, infact, i'm spending all day Saturday praying my new client doesn't crash the kart when he comes down for a play on our test day.

One example of a sponsorship deal I dont mind discussing with you guys is a piece of software for the onboard computer that the kart team uses, in exchange for carrying their name and writting the new software we're getting full technical backup and hopefully (if I get the negotiations right) a new top of the range H.U.D. for the kart with telemetary that our existing computer does not measure - a huge boost to the team and in exchange for software we where writting anyway...

Sponsorship can take many guises, one company is housing our new game server with a 24/7 connection to the net, for that they'll probably get a splash screen, but we're hoping to take the deal further and get them onboard as a full sponsor...

There is a lot you can do with regards to sponsorship, but what you cannot expect to do is "write games" in 3D Game Maker and expect somebody to pay you. That is not going to happen.

Also, you really need to look at building your brand name up first before attempting to acquire sponsorship, nobody at all is going to pay money to put their name to a game when the company behind it hasn't even so much as made a Pong remake - prove you can do the task to hand first of all, build your brand name, start incurring costs - then panic and find ways to fund it... That's what I did, and it's working out more or less OK.

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2004 00:23
I think that about covers everything about sponsership

I have to admit to laughing out loud at the original poster ... he simply can't be serious.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2004 01:42
I don't think posting your sponsorship request on a Forum is the professional image you need to portray.

You might also want to brush up on your grammar, so as not to humiliate any potential sponsor.

BatVink
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
<Font size="0">AMD 3000+ Barton, 512K Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.</FONT>
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "See i would be advertising u and i thought u could pay me and give my games better graphics."

What's wrong with this line?

1. You're requesting (on a public forum) that the company pay you to link to them. You clearly are not even a company.
2. You're making a possible partnership public - not a good idea.
3. "Give my games better graphics" - are you implying that TGC should make graphics for your games? I certainly hope I just read that wrong.
4. Bad grammar.
5. Instant-messenger-speaking such as "u" in place of "you." Very unprofessional.

<< my 2 cents >>

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2004 02:39 Edited at: 16th Apr 2004 02:45
One more thing, why do you keep going on about C++. If you want to talk about that go to http://www.cpp-home.com. I posted a topic last week about DBP vs C++ andboy are they different. Heres an example(and the only C++ I've learnt, so far)

DBP.....

C++.....

HEY, YOU THERE, THE ONE READING THIS, WHY NOT VISIT OUR TEAM SITE.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2004 03:01 Edited at: 16th Apr 2004 03:04
Hah, C++ is nothing.

Wait till you apply something like OpenGL to it.

It's really not that compilcated once you practice, but this is just an example of what to look for. Really makes me appreciate DarkBasic sometimes.

This is just to set up your program for OpenGL.
(Don't forget to link your headers first)

Note: This is from a tutorial I followed at Ultimate Games Programming.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2004 05:08
Quote: "
"

Wow, first I've seen someone do it like that. Usually I, and most people would use:

But C++ isn't that hard once you know what you'r doing, I think it mainly has a bad rep from everyone making it out to be some ultimate language that only the best of the best can do. Some of the concepts are difficult to grasp like polymorphism and multiple and virtual inheritance but if you understand it then it's quite easy to program in C++.

Like Yellow says, the difficult part is using it with some more advanced API's like OpenGL or DirectX, but once again, those are still like C++, once you've learned it and got your head around what you have to do, then you'll find it easy. Most of the code in the above is simply initializing and creating instances of OpenGL and Win32 windows.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
sponge008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 05:08
Wow, you just made my day.
Tecopet
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok what I thought i could is...

Me: Make my games using 3D Gamemaker. Advertise games or progarms such as 3D Gamemaker and DarkBasic. Send in my game to whom ever and sell my game in my local spot.

have to go...
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2004 19:02
Chances of success : 0%
Possibility of being laughed at : 100%
Having nothing done (and using 3DGM) : 100%
For everything else, there are stupid posts...

The place for all great plug-ins.
Keeping it Unreal since 2004

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:11:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:11:40