Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Too many objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 20:40
k, I have made a maze out of loads of different size blocks (added textures) etc

It was fine with a small level (about 10-20 blocks) but now the finsihed level has 56 blocks, this has slowed the game down considerably..

Obviously, due to the camera being focused on the player object, i can only see 10 % of the maze at any one time..

Can any one suggest a snippet of code that will only calculate the blocks that are on screen and not the whole level ...

Thanks
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 21:53
are you using "sync on" and "sync"? they speed up the FPS a lot

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
Intruder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2004 23:07
yes m8...

Sync on at the beginning

and sync at the end of the main program loop...

is that right ?

** If GOD would have wanted us to walk around NAKED, he would have made us be born that way **
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2004 01:01
It is. There are any number of bottle necks possible. What are your machine specs? How many polygons is your main player? Is backface culling turned off? What is the camera range set to? Etc...
--
TAZ

Intruder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2004 16:37
problem solved peeps..

I made a liitle loop that hides the objects that are further away and they reapear as they get within camera range...

Seems to work much faster...

** If GOD would have wanted us to walk around NAKED, he would have made us be born that way **

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 05:28:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 05:28:10