Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Base Utility program for DBP - Fully commented and changeable

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
In the spirit of giving back to the community, I thought I would post this system for those who might find it helpful. It does nothing as is, however it is fully commented, and combines many systems from the codebase into one modular type system. You can remove as you like, and should be able to add in as well.

It uses no dll's that are not already on the end users computer.

It features:
Menu system (via user32.dll)
Msgbox system (via user32.dll)
INI File support (via kernel32.dll)
Windows style GUI system
CRC32 checksum system

Again, Ive left full credit to those who created the original systems. I have just taken the various ones, put them together in a very clean format, and fully commented it for understanding and for those who want to remove some part or another.

Hope this helps you out if you are trying to do things other than games with DBP. Or even need a little utility in your game. Note, all of this can be done cleaner and smaller (final executable) with Visual Basic or C++ etc, but we are using DBP.

Let me know if you have questions,
Archaegeo
Archaegeo Enterprises
(Creator of the HCR system for NWN)

File available at
Utility Base:http://www.archaegeo.com/freefiles/UB.zip
Archaegeo
Years of Service
User Offline
Add-on: The reason i posted it was because as changed, the system now has a small main.dba that is the main portion of the program, makign it much easier to read and trace function of the code.
Archaegeo
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, and it also has a basic filebrowser/selector in it.
Archaegeo
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone download this and have comments on it?
DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 09:37
... sorry... not very good with this type of stuff... so yea... i didnt understand a thing when i looked over it

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 11:36
hmm, it looks really good but i can't get it to work...

In the beginning, the universe was created...
This made alot of people very angry and it has been widely regarded as a bad idea...
Visit http://redeye.dbspot.com
Archaegeo
Years of Service
User Offline
ReD, what problems are you having?

Open UtilBase.dbpro which is the project file, then it should just work. What errors are you receiving?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2004 15:20
You should probably put a post in the Program Announcements board. You'll get a little more notice there

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Archaegeo
Years of Service
User Offline
I stuck it on the codebase too, bout all I can do, and its not that huge, I just thought it useful to have those different packages all in one neat set using functions and such.

But ill do one more post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:33:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:33:53