Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / It's not fair!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 01:59
A good coding session tonight, but here's what's not fair.

I have a good mate, a mechanic who I've known my whole life, right through high school and everything, but the catch is girls hate him. There is this one girl who I think he * loves *. We all know he has no chance, but we don't have the heart to tell him.

She's having her 18th birthday party and everyone's invited, but I honestly think she is interested in me. I'm not a stud or anything, but the signs were there. What do I do? Should I go to the party and potentially betray my chum or stay home and code?

The Old Remedy 3D Skateboarding; coming April 27th 2004, 85% completed and now in BETA
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 02:00
you're not betraying your chum if she likes you and not him.

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo and FULL versions now available!!
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 02:10
It's whether you act on it or not. You can't help how she feels for you.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 03:00
To be honest mate, you have no clue if she likes you or not. No matter how intuitive and sensitive you are, you cannot guage how much a woman likes you 9/10. You get the flirtatious type who are all over you, but dont fancy you. And the reserved type who really fancy you, but act 100% normal, and can't show it. They're just totally hard to read. I consider myself pretty good at reading emotions, and I'm sensitive, but I've put my foot in it so many times - chased a girl I'm sure likes me, who turns out to just like me as a friend. Similarly, there have been 3 of my friends who I got on with as a mate, and ended up asking me out on dates etc.

But back on point - if she does fancy you, you have a moral dilemma and there is one right way to do it. Find out if she likes you, and don't do anything if she does. Then tell your mate the story, and then go chat up the lady.

If you do nothing, you're not doing justice to yourself. You gotta be selfish in love, and that's for sure. But if you do something, without asking your mate, you're stabbing him in the back - simple as. You have to let him know the candy is yours before you pinch it right from under his nose.

Signature? No! Obsolete! These days it's all about chip and pin!
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 08:26
wow...um...well...you could just try fallout's way...but you must tell us what happens

Once I dreamt that I fell into a lake full of the undead and demons. I screamed and hollered as my kitten jumped into it with me. None of my friends helped me.

I don't trust them anymore.
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 10:33
While I have used Fallout's advice in the past (not from Fallout originally though, obviously), dating a girl that your buddy is interested is *almost* always wrong.

The reason I said almost is because one of my friend's was the type in high school that had a thing for EVERY female. Finally when a girl that he was interested in asked me out a few years after graduation, I couldn't refuse because she was just the type of gal I was looking for my entire life. My friend hated my guts for 6 months, but I thought it was okay because like I said, he has a thing for everybody.

If your friend is the type who has been mulling over this one girl for a long time, you'd be foolish to date her. IMHO. You know the old saying, "bros before h... uhh.... yeah"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:41:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:41:19