Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Matrix + Level + Event editor in developement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hopefully one of the first DBPro level editors. It'll include many matrix functions (blend textures,smooth hills,make rough, pyramid hills, river, random terrain etc) and model funtions(load .x, load prefab, ramps, easy stairs, tile based editor) and the events will be placed and then using text files to do some real basic codeing for movement, teleporting,messages etc. I've got all the basics on DB1 but now I have to shift it to DB Pro. It'll be real useful for making massive interactive worlds really quickly.
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2002 08:08
sounds really great !

how's this project of yours coming along???

United We (Still) Stand
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
Got the basics of making objects n stuff done and hills on matrices.

CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2002 22:21
looking forward to it

(need a beta tester?)

United We (Still) Stand
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2002 04:09
Sounds great. You know what would be awesome is if there was a way for everyone who creates their own DB editors to list them all somewhere, like in a forum dedicated for editors or something. I've noteced most programmers' editors all have pros and cons to them and if everyone had access to all who want to post them, then I think that people could use the best ones that fit them. The games that would come out of this would be awesome and DB would really have a lot more popularity!

-course, I could still be dreaming, but it's a nice dream!

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2002 04:11
(Off subject), CD on CD, that's a really cool avatar and sig! No terrorist can defeat us!!!!!!

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2002 06:44
wendigo:
you said it !
just being patriotic (all across the Net)

looks like between you and "hmm" the two of you could really come up with one fantastic world/level editor of some type, eh?

United We (Still) Stand
WingedDreams
Years of Service
User Offline
I WANT THE DARK BASIC 1 VERSION!!!!!
PLEASE!

I don't have the cash for DB PRO and I want the Dark absic 1 version of your program that sounds great! You did say you had a db 1 version right and you were just in the proccess of making it DB pro, right??

aprilfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 03:09
Ignore stupid winged dreams that's my brothers alias that I used by accident he's used mine to so if I same somthing dumb ignore me too. anyways I still want the editor for DB 1 if you have it (and it's free) my email is wallace334@msn.com

VietStylist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 12:13
This better not be better than the one I'm making. I feel so depressed. I spent a lot of hard work on it and stuff but barely anyone takes notice of it. If you want a look go to the rgt forums. I should be in the user showcase post.

Vs

CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 20:01
VS:
i tried the RGT forums & looks like they are down right now.
i'd be interested in seeing it.
can ya give us all here a link as well? (double exposure)

United We (Still) Stand
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 22:29
"i tried the RGT forums & looks like they are down right now. "

They're being moved to a new server.

I love Star Trek.
Especially the Episodes with Starships in.
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 19:04
VS:
the RGT forums are now back UP (moved) but after looking & looking for your app & finally finding it,,,,,guess what?

when i goto download your app the link to it is no good.

again, can ya post a link here?

United We (Still) Stand
VietStylist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 15:50
They're back up? Where then? I just went there and it said it's still moving. Do you want me to email it to you?

Vs

333 Mhz , 96 mb ram , 15 inch monitor , intergrated intel810 graphics chipset ...
BBoy VietStylist 1.9k'86
VietStylist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 15:55
QUOTE:
(Off subject), CD on CD, that's a really cool avatar and sig! No terrorist can defeat us!!!!!!

Well you better kick their arse quickly. Otherwise they would terrorise more people.

Btw. My "world editor" isn't really a editor yet cause it can't save or do anything helpful. Just load a model in, move, rotate, scale that's it. A demo basically. Just demostrates the key features and ease of use.

Vs

333 Mhz , 96 mb ram , 15 inch monitor , intergrated intel810 graphics chipset ...
BBoy VietStylist 1.9k'86
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 19:22
vs:
back up or moving...their site redirects me to here:
http://www.realgametools.net/forums/ (the NEW area)
keep working on your project sounds good!

United We (Still) Stand
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 20:41
VS:
just a little extra to help others "understand" us Americans:

1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a DIET coke.

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten, and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

LOL

(i was emailed this recently)

United We (Still) Stand
VietStylist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 08:37
Well anyway (whatever that american thing was abut), you better kick their arse! (Have you already? I haven't heard any news lately). Like are you gona take that sh** or stand up to them.

Btw, Did you look at my editor?

Vs

BBoy VietStylist 1.9k'86
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to start from scratch.

I lost the source when sorting out my computer. But i know what I'm doing.

Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2002 01:30
The sad fact of the matter is, half of those "Only in America" things are also applied in Aus .

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 09:59
amd a few in England, the bank one etc..

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 14:54
ROFL
it's so true

And about that pizza thing, the good thing is if it DOESN'T come fast it's free, where as if the ambulance doesn't come fast, your screwed

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:01:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:01:40