Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with get ground height

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to use the get ground height command in DBpro but it's not returning anything pertaining to the matrix that I'm over. I used it in classic DB and it worked just fine. The return ranges from like 5000 to -5000 or so when I move over the matrix wich is positioned at 0 Ycoord. It's depth is only like 100 so it makes no sense to me. The changes in the return are sporadiac and I haven't seen any patern except that a changes as I move. It doesn't seem to follow the height of the matrix at all. I thought it might have something to do with the return being a float as opposed to a real number, but other functions have givin me any problem.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2004 20:24 Edited at: 18th Apr 2004 20:25
A float is a real number. The dbpro help should be but isn't consistant in how it refers to floats. Sometimes they are floats and other times reals.

This code works fine for me.

Are you remembering to use UPDATE MATRIX after changing the height data?

Also posting some of your code will help people work out what the problem is.

you ain't the cops

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:27:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:27:19