Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / paypal

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello,
I would like to buy something form ebay, but the seller will only accept palpay payment. I for one don't have any experience with this method and the helpfiles from the site are as clear as mud...

I don't even understand how it exactly works (international payment?!), I have an email adres, but not a creditcard, I do have a bank account.

Could someone please try to make thing clearer for me? Please tell me how it works, do I always have to put some money online?!

well, thanks in advance, Jurgen

"Only when all the seas are poisened, only when all the trees have been cut only when all the animals are killed, people will understand that money can't be eaten..."
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2004 01:18
If you don't have a credit card you cannot set-up a PayPal account (outside of the US). So basically, find another way to pay.

With our species on the edge of extermination,
with no prospect but a horrible death,
we actually played games.
Cookyzue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2004 03:52
i think you just have to have a bank account. Then you request and send the money through your paypal e-mail or ebay i think.the only thing you have to have a credit card for is buisness acount, though i may be wrong.

(if you sign up now you get $5 free! )

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2004 11:04
Quote: "If you don't have a credit card you cannot set-up a PayPal account (outside of the US). So basically, find another way to pay."

Really? Because I live outside the US, I don't have a credit card but yet I still have a PayPal account. I believe you're mistaken.

A word of warning though, the name you use for PayPal must match the name on your bank account, although you can change it later by submitting a request it's better and faster not to.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Jurgen
Years of Service
User Offline
and is this then the way it works:
I transfer money to my own paypal account, when it's there then I...

please fill in, thanks again Jurgen

"Only when all the seas are poisened, only when all the trees have been cut only when all the animals are killed, people will understand that money can't be eaten..."
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2004 18:28 Edited at: 20th Apr 2004 18:28
I believe with systems like ebay it is all built in.

When you win something, ebay has a "pay by paypal" button that takes you through the process.

With paypal, you can enter somebody's email address and "send money" to that address. When it's received by them it's taken out of you account and into theirs.

I haven't much experience using raw paypal but I've paid by ebay and I'm pretty sure its quite easy to do with ebay.

EBay, after all, does own paypal.

"To do is to be" - Descartes
"To be is to do" - Voltaire
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2004 19:56
You don't need a Credit Card but you do need some form of card like Solo,Switch,Visa Electron etc.

1001001 S.O.S.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:21:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:21:23