Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / missing Dlls in exes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2004 03:33
I recently tried to run a program i had writen earlier on a computer that didnt have dbasic. It gave me an error saying that there was a missing dll file something like dbasicdebug.dll

does anyone know why?

also it seemed to work after the first attempt(sorta). instead of the dll error it told me that the display mode wasnt avaible on line 0.

help?

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2004 04:43
First you have to make the program into an EXE... to do this click File, Create EXE, then specify the location and name of the program you want to make... Then just double click that EXE file and it will run on any computer as long as it has DirectX installed...

If your program uses any external media then make sure you include those files with the EXE...

...Well...I hope I helped

Thou shalt not thwart the way of the dragon. For thou tasteth like chicken.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2004 05:13
I think he's saying DBP itself was missing some dlls needed to run properly.

try reinstalling

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo and FULL versions now available!!
White Mink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2004 22:44
Actually i was meaning that the exe's themselves say there missing dlls.

dbpro works fine, and i know how to make exe's and include files, i just dont know if i shoulda been including dll files with them.

but thanks

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2004 23:12
what dll's are you talking about. dbp should compile it's required dll's into your exe's when you compile the exe. That's why we have huge exe's. Is this where it's blowing up?

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo and FULL versions now available!!
White Mink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2004 22:28
blow up? as in doesnt work? it could be that it just gets confused at the first running, cuz after i tried again it doesnt show the missing dll file, it only tells me what the real problem is, in this case the display type isnt available

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2004 03:23 Edited at: 25th Apr 2004 03:23
It just sounds like something either in DarkBasic or in some windows subsystem is trying to be helpful and load a debugging DLL when there is a fatal error in case you are a developer.

E Unibus Plurum
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2004 05:20
yes dbp is doing that. It compiles the kitchen sink in with the exe. Some more info would help us help you

berklee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2004 06:27
if the name is something like dbasicdebug.dll, my first guess would be that the EXE you're distributing was compiled while you were testing/debugging your program.

I can't imagine the DB debugger normally being required for a release version of the exe.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2004 06:37

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2004 18:58 Edited at: 25th Apr 2004 18:58
If you look in your TEMP dir and run the dbp exe you will see all the dlls it uses as it extracts them there. It airs on the side of caution when including dlls so you may end up with a few that arn't needed and just bload the exe.

Display mode isn't avaible on line 0 is often a directx or graphics card/driver problem. Make sure you have the latest version of directx and your graphics card drivers are recent.

you ain't the cops

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:39:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:39:11