Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / a little help? (pong, sorta...)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2004 15:07
Okay, so I've started using some of the work from the excellent Pong thread, and I decided I wanted to try and figure out how to turn it into Air Hockey.

After fiddling around yesterday, I'm left with questions:

1 - why is the backdrop green with the new camera (just curious, I'm assuming I can reset it)?
2 - issues with the player's hand piece:
i - the puck is going through the player, and it seems to be causing some havoc with the reflective angle
ii - how can I determine the reflective angle based on the point of contact with the player, instead of just inverting it?
iii - I'd like to be able to alter the speed of the puck based on how 'hard' the puck gets hit.

Even if you don't feel like working out the code, I'd be thankful for any 'how-to' approaches on how to sort this out.

All that being said, I'm having a blast with it.

Thanks in advance,
B.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2004 15:42 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2004 15:43
Each camera has a different coloured backdrop. You should really add your own backdrop, then the colour becomes irrelevant.

BatVink
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
berklee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2004 21:39
Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:46:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:46:33