Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I'm interested in DARKBasicPro but I must have this question answered before going any further: Is it possible to create a MMORPG (massivly multiplayer online role playing game) using DARKBasicPro? Any replys would be much appreciated.

-
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, you can make a MMORPG, but with the experience and the knowledge.

CURRENT PROJECT: RETRO PAC-MAN
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2004 02:43
You're gonna need VERY expansive knowledge of darkbasic, and even other programs. You'll need a LOT of money to pay for servers and web hosting etc. You'll need a HUGE team of artists, musicians, programmers, anything. Plus you'll need a lot of programs under your belt before anyone will seriously consider joining your team. Possible, yes. Likely, no. Although its been attempted and is a good way for EXPERIENCED programmers to gain knowledge, for a newcomer you need to spend MASSIVE amounts of time programming and learning everything there is to know about DarkBASIC and beyond.

-Vash the Stampede

Need help? Ask me via email, msn, aim, or forums and Ill see what I can do.

LordAnki
Years of Service
User Offline
also you would need the DarkBasic Enhancement pack which works for DBClassic as well.
GrayWolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your quick response. Expenses shouldn't be much of a problem, as long as it's possible and do-able my group and I will try it.

-
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2004 10:37
Also for more detailed information on what exactly you'll need for a MMORPG, look here : http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=28077&b=9

-Vash the Stampede

Need help? Ask me via email, msn, aim, or forums and Ill see what I can do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:35:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:35:25