Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / NG Collision Program Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2004 13:11
Over the past week Ive been getting some help from NG because I couldnt get the collision to work. I found that I didnt have the latest upgrade installed but now it an error comes up when I compile it say Load failure - Collision system could not be loaded. Can anyone help. I have DBPRO and the dll is version 2.01.
Thankyou in advance
Mr Monkey Man

*For every problem you come across you gain something from correcting it, I hope.
nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2004 17:23 Edited at: 25th Apr 2004 17:24
Take the most recent DLL package you downloaded. Copy the .dll from that package and place it in the same folder with the EXE you're building. Do the same with the needed include .dba file. Then, on your project manager, link this .dba file to be included (as instructed in the ReadMe.txt file).

When you download a new version, the standard drill is to copy the new .dll file and include .dba file to the place where your EXE is being built.

That error happens when one of 3 things occur:

1) The DLL cannot be found in the location of your EXE at all.
2) The include file (NGCollision.dba) successfully loads the DLL but cannot locate all of the functions in the DLL (because you might have the wrong version of the DLL with your EXE)
3) You have the wrong version of the include file (NGCollision.dba) so it scans for the wrong functions in the DLL anyhow. This is similar to number 2 above.

Again, make sure you have the include file (NGCollision.dba) and the dll file (NGCollision.dll) in the folder with your EXE file and have them linked properly. And make sure these files are from the SAME package that you downloaded.

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:36:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:36:27