Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with posistioning object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2004 23:43
im makgin a first person shooter. sounds simple enough right?

The problem Source
www.geocities.com/jjrgotgame/thisonesproblem.zip

WEll im following some of the tutorial info given using the First person View camera which sut shows u how to make a simple first person view. its on the examples part in the DbC program. Anywhoo
i load in my gun and, when i try posistioning it locked to the camera, appanretly it becomes see thruogh and im not quite sure why. i know it has to do with posistioning the object, but it seems no matter how i possition it it still is see through and this is really buggin me. does anyone have a succesful code so i can just throw in my aniamted 3d gun and posistion it infront of the camera to make my first person shooter? if your not sure what im talking about then ill give you the an example of my problem and please tell me if u can fix this. Thanx .; you can email it to me at cardiox2000@yahoo.com or post a link here. please reply if you can help. thanks alot i appreciate it.
This one.

"All creators of a game, have the true name"
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2004 00:36
set camera range nearvalue,farvalue

you need to set the nearvalue so that the gun (being very cose to the camera) doesn`t get clipped or "see through" as you put it, what is happening is that polys inside the minimum rage are removed, so you can see through the gun sice the polys the other side are being seen from behind, and DB culls polsy seen from behind since on a solid object they won`t be visible normaly.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, ATI radeon 9800 pro gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.
This one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2004 02:37
i tried out the model from Darkmatter you know the

h-pistol-classic.3ds and it worekd. im guessing its soemthing wrong with how the object rendered when it came out. thanks for uur help.

"All creators of a game, have the true name"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:39:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:39:01