Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / phaser help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm trying to do phaser in game.
i made a phaser in 3dmax, i use this line
scale object 4 (phaser object number ),object size(1006)*10,object size(1006)*10, (dist_obj(1,1006))
to make the phaser as long as the distance between the 2 objects.
4 - phaser object number
1006 - ship number one object number
1 - ship number two object number
it doesn't work good, if the distance is too long, the phaser will be much longer than it should.
i tried changing the dist_obj(1,1006) part with changes like divide by two, or more, but it still act wierd.
i just want a cylinder starting from ship number one, and ending with ship number two.
i got confused with the make cylinder command as i would have needed to rotate it to be horizontal.
is my approach wrong ?
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2004 17:38
I'd try something like...

...Make sure you cylinder object has a size of 1. You might need to use the "Fix Object Pivot" command to get the "Point Object" to work. Also, Make sure your distance formula is correct... Sqrt((X1-X2)^2+(Y1-Y2)^2+(Z1-Z2)^2)... Other than that I think your method would work fine...

Thou shalt not thwart the way of the dragon. For thou tasteth like chicken.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 06:33:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 06:33:19