Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Slow down with game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 23:54
Hi there. I am making a game with two planes that fly around a static screen shooting each other. when they hit the top of the screen they stall and fall from the sky. Unfortunatly this is where the problem occurs, when it hits the top of the screen everything works as it should do except that is run about half the speed that it should do!!! ARRRR!!!
korn_kiddywink@hotmail.com
email me for the code if you think that you can help!!!
thankyou, marcus
BOC4J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 12:45
it is probarly an error in your code, post it here and we may see what is wrong

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 14:01
No, dont ask people for their entire code. Instead, maybe a chunk of what they are having trouble with. Well, do you add many extra polys to the screen when this happens (eg. explosion?) If you do, that may cause your slowdown.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 14:07
Hmmm, the only thing that springs to mind is your plane speeds are set before the main loop, then your stalling code reduces it, and it does'nt go back to top speed again. I'd be tempted to make the speed variable all the time, like sharp ascents slow the plane down, sharp descents speed it up.

Post your code and we'll take a look .

Van-B

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:20:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:20:34