Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Game Making Competition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 04:55
You can win a PS 2 -- if you know how to make games and if you understand Swedish. Swedish television has a running competition where you can with a playstation every week. All you have to do is to make a fun game.

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=13108

-----
They SAID that given enough time a million monkeys with typewriters could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare... Internet sure proved them wrong.
-----
MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 04:56
I should add that this is WEB games, not DB games. But who's choosy?

-----
They SAID that given enough time a million monkeys with typewriters could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare... Internet sure proved them wrong.
-----
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 04:58 Edited at: 27th Apr 2004 05:04
Just thought I'd post in here before it was locked
then again, mabey it wont be.....
But no, I dont speak swedish, I'm at a complete loss here....

MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 05:05
Why should it be locked? It's a game making competition. This area is for "all the rest". We're all here to make games, aren't we? The more games you make, the better it is - whether you do it in DB, Java, Cobol or even Fortran.

The more you practice, the better you become.

-----
-----
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 05:07
Yeah, i said it might not be, but just in case, I want my post in it to be remembered.
But this is in swedish, most here are from the UK or US.
Oh well, some people might be interested.

MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 05:34
Well, I know there's people from all over the place. Really. the Netherlands, Finland, the UK, the US, France, and so on. It's a global community.

-----
-----
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 05:46
Eh, whatever, well, it seems noone likes your thread so far, so it might just die, besides for me and oyu argueing

Toby Quan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 06:39
Well, I think this thread is cool.

What a cool idea. I wonder if there is anything like this competition in the US. Just imagine how many web games are created because of contests like this.
MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 07:25
@Newbie Brogo

Who cares. If just 1 person who has the capacity to read Swedish in Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark or Iceland, then it's a good thing. For the rest of you, I'm sure there's other competitions.

-----
-----

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 20:38:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 20:38:10