Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Got a Dreamcast?, Like 68k chip music?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 12:39
Found a nice little disk image for the Dreamcast with a shedload of old Amiga and AtariST chip tunes, mostly from games and by industry vets like Rob Hubbard, Jochen Hippel, and Anders Nilssen. There's even my old fave TCB Tracker tune 'Scoopex'. Definately worth checking out if you have Nero, a blank CD, and a Dreamcast (no need for a boot disk or anything like that).

http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dream68.shtml

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 14:15
I have the first two items, but not the last

The place for all great plug-ins.
Rule #1:Mention Windows XP SP2 RC1. Rule #2:See Rule 1
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 16:02
I have all 3, but no CD burner!

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 16:27
You could just use DeliPlayer but that's not quite the same for DC owners I guess.

With our species on the edge of extermination,
with no prospect but a horrible death,
we actually played games.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 16:40
Ohh, never heard of Deli before now, looks like the media player for me! - I wonder if it supports TCB's awkward format.

The point wasn't getting the music player though, but all the ripped tunes in one place through one system. I love my dreamcast, it's really just a retro machine now, running emulators and the occasional game of Bustamove4 and UT. I have a PS2 and X-Box plus a few old crusty consoles, but for me the Dreamcast has a certain charm that Mr.Sony and Mr.Gates would'nt know.

Rich,
Dude you need a Dreamcast. The SNES and DC controllers are fairly identical making it ideal for emulating SNES and NES games - then you throw in a keyboard and make it ideal for Spectrum games too. Monitors seem to make emulated games look worse in my book, there's nothing like an old crappy TV for that retro feel .

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 02:44
Van - the DC has quite a bit of a resurgence going on, new games still coming out in JP for it, but it just never interested me really. I have a MD and SNES emulator for my PS2, but they're just too slow to be any good. If I see a good cheap DC I might consider it

Deliplayer rocks and I have all of those tunes already in one place - my hard drive!

Cheers,

Rich

With our species on the edge of extermination,
with no prospect but a horrible death,
we actually played games.
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 02:51
DC emulates the SNES perfectly. I got mine (new) for $50. I love thanks-giving discounts.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 21:12:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 21:12:10