Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / missing midi file !! help !!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
could someone tell me why DB is not including one of my midi files in my .EXE ???
it was working fine untill my first game got over 20 meg with 64 files, now it refuses to add one file but loads in the other media fine , if I put the .EXE in a folder with the missing midi file in it then the game runs ok<with the music> , if its not in there then it runs ok but there is no music,
all earlyer versions of the game worked fine as stand alones , is there a media limit to DB or something??? < ive not got pro >
could some1 please help as I am not impressed at the though of having my games in pieces.
I have noticed some of the showcases on here have seperate media files, eny one know why ?

oh and whats up with the collision ? i found it easyer to write my own box/sphere detectors than get the built in ones to work,, surely thast not right???!?!?!?!?
DarkPhear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 06:12
Instead of adding each file individually, try creating a sub-folder ( C:\YOURPROJECT\MIDI for example ), putting all your midi files inside that folder and then adding "MIDI\*.*"

Cleber de Mattos Casali, game programmer.
DarkPhear is a full freeware RPG developed by me. You can download it and some game demos for free at my page: http://darkphear.cjb.net
bubblegum
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx for the info , but i allready have them all in seperate sub-folders ,models , sounds and menus, it was getting a bit messy with so meny differnt media mixed together.
i re-did all the menu's last night managed to get rid of a few files but it had no effect at all, is there some way i could add it into the exe after its been made? or some setting that tells it not to save it??

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 07:24:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 07:24:33