Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / OK...NEWBIE IN TROUBLE!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 04:53 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 04:56
Oh, man...ok...Im a sorta noob. I know the language (DBPRO), but dont know how to do anything. 1). How do u link 2 diff. source files in 1 project...i have loads of trouble when i assume DB will take care of that for me...2). If any1 has sugg./tips/tutorials/free models/etc. having to do with 3DS MAX 5.1, plz...help. How do u get stuff from there to DBPRO? 3) Final question...for now. How do i make levels? (2D or 3D) I appreciate u wasting ur time to help a noob. thanks.
AK49
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 05:02
SUM1 PLZ POST!!!! IM SO DEPRESSED!!!!!!!!
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
1.) #include command

for example if you have a seperate source code file like control.dbpro
to include or link it in your main program, you would use #include "control.dbpro"

2. DB Pro doesn't support MAX. It only supports .3DS format and Direct .x format. There are converters online though.

3. I think that Magic World is the most easiest level maker. here is the link to download. http://www.robinking.com/allseeingi

I hope that I helped!!

Soul Shooter Online
XPlay Multiplayer Engine
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 20:57
It's best to avoid using #include command. Change the editor to project view mode and add the files you want to include in the files tab.

You might want to spend some time doing some searched in the 3d forum as there are quite a few different ways to make levels.

you ain't the cops
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
@The Winch- you are correct, I forgot about that. , but it would be a different story if you use DB Classic.

Soul Shooter Online
XPlay Multiplayer Engine
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 22:30
Quote: "2. DB Pro doesn't support MAX. It only supports .3DS format and Direct .x format. There are converters online though."

And don't forget the super small, fast loading DBO file format!

"eureka" - Archimedes
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 23:43 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 23:44
Quote: "SUM1 PLZ POST!!!! IM SO DEPRESSED!!!!!!!!"

Forum culture lesson: This is a forum and not a chat room. You need more than nine minutes of patience. Someone (sum1 is so 5th grade) that might have an answer for you could be hours or even days later in replying. This is why everyone is so keen to tell newbs that they need to do their own searching and reading of the help files. You are your own best resource. Almost everyone here had to pull themselves up by their boot straps in order to learn.

The manual, the forum, the help files, all the examples files on the CD. They are there to help you to help yourself.
--
TAZ

[edit for typos]

AK49
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 04:21
Sorry about that, zircher, and thank you all for the help!
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 05:41
No problem, the forum culture thing is something most people stumble over at the beginning. There's a logic to it that has developed out of practice and profession (both game designers and programmers require precision in writing and communication.)
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 07:33:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 07:33:57