Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Using MatEdits LoadMatrix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 02:49
Can some one explain to me how to use the LoadMatrix.dba, I copied the dim statements and the #include into my source and I do the LoadMatrix("MAP1",1) and it keeps telling me my file is missing even after copying the folder and all the folders contents into my source code directory. Maybe if you explained how you install your code and maps that could help me solve my problems.

Thanks,
Sean
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 19:50
The way you call LoadMatrix depends on which version you are using.

You need 4 files in the same directory: Your .dba program, the LoadMatrix.dba file, plus the .MDF and .BMP files created with the 'B'uild Matrix command in MatEdit - you did use the Build option didn't you?...

If you are still having problems, try loading and running the Demos in the Demos folder. If they work OK, then use the same method to call LoadMatrix in your own programs.

TDK
TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
why waste your time on the sucky MatEDIT? it totaly sucks, has many bugs, and is SLOOOOOOW! Use Magic World...its free, easy to use, 0 bugs, and is not limited but actually has extra features such as auto tiling (auto transition between terrain types, example: concrete to grass, water to sand).

If life gives you a lemon, shove it up a water gun and squirt it into someone's eyes!
sgalland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 05:12
Matedit runs fast for me, I have a 2 GHZ computer, things run quite well for me
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 06:34
TGWDNGHN:

Oh dear - who got out the wrong side of the bed today then?

Magic World has 0 bugs? That's a bold statement to make for any piece of software.

Unlike MW, MatEdit has also always been free.

As for speed, most users don't have any problems, though it probably would struggle on an old or duff machine.

TDK
sgalland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 03:09
I feel stupid, forgot to hit build. Thanks TDK!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:12:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:12:05