Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Free online IQ test.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 10:23 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 10:24
I found this free IQ test whilst perusing the great blue mist of cyberspace.

They try to get you to buy a 15 page IQ report at the end but you don't need to do that to get your result.

I got an IQ of 133 and was told my interlectual type type is a 'visual mathamatician'.

Give it a go and post your results here.

1001001 S.O.S.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 10:47
I got 138 and it told me the same thing. I think it tells everyone they're a 'visual mathamatician'

"People don't fail ..... they stop trying." Specs. P4 2.8GHz 800 FSB | 512MB DDR333
GeForce FX 5200 AGP 256MB | Windows XP Pro Full
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 11:25
Quote: "I think it tells everyone they're a 'visual mathamatician'"

And you come to that conclusion based on two results?

As everyone here is in a programming forum it is reasonable to suggest that we are all like minded people. My girlfriend tried it and she was not a 'visual mathamatician'.

1001001 S.O.S.
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 11:41 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 11:53
Quote: "
Congratulations, Damokles!
Your IQ score is 142

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results. "

Not a 'visual mathamatician'

But I don't think that counts : my first language is not english. By the way, there are several IQ-test type, so the highest score you can get can be really different; so never compare your IQ with somebody who tested it with another test.

- Mind the gap -
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 11:52 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 11:53
Quote: "Your IQ score is 142

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results."

LOL! Exactly the same!!

Edit: Btw, this seems to be a lot easier then most IQ tests, usually they would be done with a time limit, etc so I doubt it's accurate at all.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 12:24 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 12:25
Quote: "Your IQ score is 144

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results."
"

Yeah were justa buncha visionary philosiphers... ain't we?

[sarcasm] this was an extremely accurate test that i would recomend to others[/sarcasm]

Heh... me explain things to others... ha what a crock a sh*t

"I like you... when the world is mine, you death shall be quick and painless"
Current good thing: The Apprentice
Former name : Liquidz_Snake
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 12:24 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 12:25
Quote: "Your IQ score is 118
According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Word Warrior.

This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.
"

Well, duh! I could have told them that...

The place for all great plug-ins.
Rule #1:Mention Windows XP SP2 RC1. Rule #2:See Rule 1
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 13:06
Your IQ score is 135

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Insightful Linguist.

This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Play Nice! Play Basic!
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 13:53
Your IQ score is 129

According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
"

The site is obviously just a method of ripping people off by getting them to buy the reports, and to harvest as many email addresses as possible. I have noticed this site in various popups recently. I also notice the way they try and get you to fill in friends email addresses. I used an email address on one of my unused domains and If I get 1 email from it I will hit the roof (literally)

Boo!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 14:28
I got 156, but remember folks that this is an American IQ test, so it's a higher score than you'd get on a UK test, I tend to get about 125 on the televised UK tests.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 14:36 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 14:36
I always give false e-mail addresses to things like this. I usually use z@z.com
Pity anyone who's actual e-mail address is that

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 15:20
Same, I always use no@way.com - It's not an actual domain though so I doubt anyone will be receiving anything from it.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 15:25
Yeah, poor bob@yahoo.com!

Of course it's a problem when they only send the results to your email addy :/.

Van-B

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 16:27
And its a 'problem' if they sell the list of e-mails to a spammer...

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 16:44
Well that's why you set up a spam account in Yahoo or Hotmail, then you can get into your mail to rescue whatever mail your interested in and delete all the spam .

Van-B

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 17:10
But why to go all that bother, and not just give a stupid e-mail address to start with ?

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 17:16
Well if they send the results to your email you'll never get the results if you give a fake one.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 17:17
And why would you want them to send you the results - it looks a highly dubious site really.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 17:20
Well then why take the IQ test at all if you don't plan on receiving your results?

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 17:45
I, like TCA am very dubious of sites like this for the reasons already mentioned. Taking the test and then suddenly told you have to register to get the results is not on in my books. Even though I explicitly said not to send me newsletter emails, it took a nanosecond for them to send me a email. Let's hope it's the last one.

Boo!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 17:48
Quote: "Well then why take the IQ test at all if you don't plan on receiving your results?
"

Because its displayed on results page - dont want the thing e-mailed to me.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 17:56 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 17:59
Those guys used to email the results to you, it was the only way - I actually did this particular test a couple of years ago and that's how it worked then. They do send the occasional 'please buy your IQ profile' email, and maybe a couple of IQ test related emails, but they're not heavy spammers at all. Of course if you can avoid supplying an email, then that's always the best idea.

Van-B

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
*resuses to take test* they all suck. on american IQ tests i get between 150-200 while on a british test i get 129.... why cant there just be one IQ testing society, like what you have with GCSE's, you have like 2 exam boards- 3 at the most for each subject, and theyre all about the same and certified officially. if there was 200000 exam boards like there are online IQ tests then it's be rediculus cos people with 80% in one board would get a C while some on another board would get an F while others get an A.

http://www.tinnedhead.tk under re-construction.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 19:09
Yeah, I know what you mean, it's almost like the American IQ tests have been designed to exagerate....(no, not going there again)

I'd only rely on an official Mensa IQ test if I wanted to know my definate score, that online thiny is really just a bit of fun - It's quite a handy argument settler (like if someone calls you an idiot).

Van-B

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 19:18
i got 135

Quote: "Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results. "

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 20:06 Edited at: 28th Apr 2004 20:07
Quote: "Congratulations, TheAbomb12!
Your IQ score is 67

Your Intellectual Type is Consumer Food Distrubutor. This means you are highly capable and have the skills required for excellent service in a resturant. Coupled with your great motor skills, you have excellent motivation and work ethic that store managers love.
And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results"

ima play game boy

Amist the Blue Skies...
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 20:53
Quote: "Your IQ score is 127

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Inspired Inventor.

This means you've got exceptional verbal and mathematical skills, and are very good at brainstorming new ideas. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.
"

algebra and geometry question killed me - heh heh I am stoopid!

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo and FULL versions now available!!
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 20:58
Congratulations, Richard!
Your IQ score is 126

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We analyzed how you did on each set of those questions, which reveals the way your brain processes information.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Word Warrior.

This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

Just to add to the confusion.
Look at my avatar
Tomy
Years of Service
User Offline
I got 131, but come on this IQ test is soooooo simple! At least the questions that i understood were just (i'm swiss so i didn't understand some words so i didn't even understand what they're asking sometimes )

BTW In Switzerland, Austria and German there are "Kangurou tests of Maths"! These are MUCH more difficult, there you have to do really complicated stuff that you would never be able to do without writing down stuff and thinking damn hard... Lol we had it in school and i got 79,75 out of 150
Lol my maths teacher got 142 ... i wonder what his IQ is

GameVisions Softwares - http://www.gamevisions.cbj.net
Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 23:44
Quote: "Congratulations, beatrix!
Your IQ score is 151

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.
"

That was funny I really like those IQ tests.

UPDATED

Amd 2800+ 1024mb pc3200 A7N8X - Deluxe Ati Radeon 9800PRO 256mb
"
Mussi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 00:11
Quote: "Congratulations, bla!
Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results."

they forgot to put a 7 behind it , english is not my first language so I couldn't make all the questions.

Specs: AMD Athlon 1800, 256 DDRRam 266mhz, 80GB HD 7200rmp U133, Geforce 4 Ti4400 128mb
Cookyzue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 05:09
i got 118, "Visual Mathamatician"

Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 05:43
Congratulations, poo!
Your IQ score is 91

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which reveals the way your brain processes information.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Lascerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 06:15
I'm a word warrior too..but that test is bogus..i almmost literally took it in my sleep.Stupid late nights.Damn i'm doing it again.Anyway, i scored 131. well i do write well. but still ....i thought there were IQ tests for verbal skills,maths skills, and social skills...cause i know it has been proven that some people's brains are unable to process mathematics...it was on the news some australian team discovered it. but does that make you more or less intelligent..what if somebody got 30 in a maths test...but 160 in the rest. would that person be unintellient?

Stiyyiille
A concept of greatness
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 08:11
Actually I was joking about it giving everyone the same type. But, most people I know were given type Visual Mathematician.

"People don't fail ..... they stop trying." Specs. P4 2.8GHz 800 FSB | 512MB DDR333
GeForce FX 5200 AGP 256MB | Windows XP Pro Full
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 10:21
Quote: "Because its displayed on results page - dont want the thing e-mailed to me."

Yes, but we were speaking hypothetically when VanB said "Of course it's a problem when they only send the results to your email addy :/." - the best way to access the results then would be by making a free email dedicated to receiving spam emails/etc.

Zenincanin 14
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2004 05:28 Edited at: 1st May 2004 05:29
Quote: "Zack, you are a Word Warrior.

This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary."

Well, I'm creative.

Good Games Are Made by Powerful Coders
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2004 07:49
Quote: "Congratulations, jytjyrj!
Your IQ score is 118

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which reveals the way your brain processes information.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results. "

Not bad for 11:49 A.M.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 20:34:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 20:34:20