Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / RPG building

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I'm new here and was wondering if they have like an RPG creator (like Final Fantasy type RPG) if so I would like to know about it. I ask because my friends and I are creating our own RPG and cant seem to find a decent one and from what I've herd about The Game Creators software is that its mostly a first person type of game creator.
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are looking for 2d. Type in RPG MAKER in the yahoo search engine. I haven't seen a 3d RPG Maker. You are talking about the FPS Creator that is supposed to be coming out soon. If I were you I would not try to make a RPG, expecially if it is your first project.

Soul Shooter Online
XPlay Multiplayer Engine
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 21:01
If you want to make an RPG you'll have to learn how to code... Making a quality Role Playing Game Takes Monthes of work and usually years of codeing experiance. The game creator's have two products for making FPS (3-D GameMaker and FPS Creator)... If you really want to make games, Download the DarkBASIC Demo... DarkBASIC and DarkBASIC Pro are used to make any type of game.

Well... I hope I helped

Previously known as "Game_Creator". Thou shalt not thwart the way of the dragon. For thou tasteth like chicken.
The Archangel
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help guys and believe me when we started this project we knew that it would be no easy task.
Arax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2004 17:02
rpgtoolkit.comis a good one

He who angers you controls you.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 16:09
For the highest quality results considering making a MOD for Neverwinter Nights or Baldurs Gate, or programme the game entirely yourself.

RPG Makers add too many constraints for a genre that really requires a blank palette.

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2004 15:40 Edited at: 7th May 2004 15:41
There's plenty of INFINITI engine mods avaliable from http://www.teambg.net/. Baldur's gate is not the easiest game to mod, but it's not the most difficult. If you're just learning to mod, i'd seriously recommend starting with a fallout/fallout 2 mod-fallout uses the same file system as the other games ( although it doesn't use the infiniti engine) , and it gets you into understanding how the overide systems work. There's plenty of good fallout modding sites out there as well. But there's more, i would also reccomend Morrowind's TES construction set for it's ease of use, and like Andy Igoe said, there's Neverwinter Nights (which got me annoyed because i couldn't import my character from BG2). Have a look.

-Dave

Your soul...it tastes like chicken

Official Website Postponed
Represent
Years of Service
User Offline
My favorite:
http://www.toolkitzone.com - its isometric and is so awesome. YOu can code a whole RPG or use its editors.

My second favorite:
http://www.rpgmaker.net - the arch rival of RPG Tool Kit.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:00:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:00:48