Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Question for Indi

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 03:55
When you helped with that Terragen skybox tutorial on that site, somethingorother.comish, and you provided the skybox. Can the skybox only be textured with sky001-006 named files? Do they HAVE to be bitmap? I ask because bitmaps are huge, and I want to have multiple skies, and I want to avoid having to create seperate directory for each one.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 21:47
come on indi! Answer!!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 02:52
hehe i was sleepin

You can make any 6 textures u like for the same principle.

Depending on what your 3d app allows u to import and texture.

each face of the cube is a grouping of 2 polys and plane mapped. 6 x 2poly groups.

I used milkshape to make it if that helps.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 04:49
lol ... everyone poke the llama wake him up

could always use a DB Box - put it into a memblock and turn the faces inside out and different limbs with a few lines of code too - simply turn off ambient light.

Whilst in a memblock you can extend the size of it manually so all the vertex can be set presisly per world rather than with the scale object function

means if needs be you can calc it on the fly too - not sure why you would but possible hehee ... works well with sky spheres as well.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:13:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:13:34