Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / second try.. newbie, w/ some programming exp. has 2 issues with DBC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 03:16
Sorry if this doubles up a post I had earlier, I went back to see if it had been posted after being sent to the profile setup, and it was not there.

anyway..

using DBC 1.13
on win xp pro

my problem is either program limitation or stupid new user tricks

1) after changing video modes I find that I have to completely reload all image files before they will display

2) I can get single dimension arrays to save to a file {ex. array$(100)} but get an error that te array does not exsist or is not defined if i try to save multiple dimensional arrays {ex. array$(100,100), data(12,23,32)

I sincerly appreciate anything anyone can do to shed light on these issues, and point out anything else i might run into that isn't made blindingly obvious to a newbie in the book, or online help files that come with the program.

Root of rose, ash of vampire, essence of dragon flame and ..&*^&*(%^& OUCH! ok less dragon flame essence next time
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2004 04:36
1) All media is deleted when you use SET DISPLAY MODE, there is noway around it I know. You just have to load the media again.

2) Try using SAVE/LOAD ARRAY "filename",array(0)
Don't put the sizes of the array just use 0. If that still doesn't work then you will have to write your own code for loading/saving arrays using the other file commands, WRITE STRING/LONG/BYTE etc.

i won't see you in the pit
Endante Spellogist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2004 06:58
thanks!!! that did the trick with the arrays

Root of rose, ash of vampire, essence of dragon flame and ..&*^&*(%^& OUCH! ok less dragon flame essence next time

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 07:24:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 07:24:01